Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to removing my front bumper (which was ridiculously easy and I should've done a lot sooner) so that I could dip all the chrome bits black. I really want to do something about this front emblem cover that has the chrome H inside of it because it's all spider cracked and chrome. Does anyone know why this piece costs $300+ dollars? Does it have some type of components that work with the sensor behind it? I was thinking of just putting a floating H emblem within the fitting or opening up the existing piece to dip the H black and reassemble.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The emblem is made to work with the radar sensor behind it to function properly. Putting anything metallized or removing it may reduce it from working. I've seen people put overlay stickers on it and say they haven't experienced any issues. https://21overlays.com.au/product/hyundai-i30-badge-overlay-2017-2021/ . Here is one of a few patent's on the emblems uses. US20140091969A1 - Radome for a radar sensor assembly - Google Patents
This is excellent info and exactly the type of solution that I'd be happy with. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts