Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked my car up at the shop. I got the chrome trim around the grille wrapped in gloss black. I am definitely happy with how it turned out. Looks great in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great. That's exactly what I want to do to mine. I hate chrome. Did they have to remove the grill or take it apart? I'm also looking into getting the trim around the door/side windows blacked out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words. I agree, it suits the car much better imo, especially with the red accents on my car. I couldn't tell you honestly because I didn't ask. However, the OEM part for the grill is all one piece. So I'm assuming that they just wrapped over the grill and razor bladed the edges. I can tell you that whatever they did it was great. I looked over the job they did and it flawless. I didn't black out the trim yet but I'm planning to call the shop soon to get them done.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks great man, I also hate chrome accenting. Love how such a subtle change can improve the overall looks of a car. You plan on doing any changes on the back end?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kaeden! I agree without the chrome it is a much cleaner look. I am actually taking it to the shop tmo to get the window chrome wrapped in satin black. I've looked at the i30 N and also want that headlight look as well. Looking at pictures the only difference I see is the chrome around the headlight (eyelids) is black, it isn't smoked like I thought. So I will ask the shop them if they can wrap the chrome around there as well. The only thing I've done in the back is lightly smoked the taillights and removed the "GT" badge to replace it with an OEM Hyundai "GT" badge that's red. I plan on getting a rear diffuser but thats way later when more aftermarket parts come up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you considering smoking the taillights at all? I think it would look great with all the black accenting that you've been doing. You don't have to go super dark and I believe you can get the material pre cut to size.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it in satin black. I wanted it to match the b/c pillars to make it look stock as much as possible. Kaeden, I actually have very lightly smoked the taillights and the brake light on the spoiler. It is kinda hard to tell with the pics I posted. I prefer a cleaner/factory look with a subtle "tell" that the car isn't gutless, it is also why I also didn't go the black wheels route. Blacking out the chrome was more because the chrome didn't match my car (especially since my car is white, and the red badge I have in front/rear). I might black out the chrome in the headlight housing though. The i30 n has the black around the chrome. I think that would fully complete the look I want. But that would be for another time.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are BBS SR wheels in volcano grey. Great looking wheels for this car and the price was well worth it for its performance too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts