Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

There was a post in the hyundai-forums website that mentioned this place and I decided to join in on the fun. It'll be quite nice to see some custom aero and other visual and performance add on items as the car model matures.

I hope to see some neat and interesting facts and projects in this forums with a dash of laughter and excitement on the side.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right. It's quite unfortunate to have the community spread like that, but it does add a neat dynamic for hunting info down.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Its been great to see how much aftermarket support has picked up for the GT, and I expect that we'll see some pretty heavily customized builds. Have you done any mods to your GT yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only installed some new wheels and tires so far. I also messed around with some flexible plastic sheets and used them as splash guards.

I've toyed with the idea of installing a front diffuser. I have a sheet of steel cut out, but the profile's all wrong. I've managed to take off the piece of plastic to make the underside fairly flush. I did so as non-destructively as possible. I still had to remove two rivets though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've only installed some new wheels and tires so far. I also messed around with some flexible plastic sheets and used them as splash guards.

I've toyed with the idea of installing a front diffuser. I have a sheet of steel cut out, but the profile's all wrong. I've managed to take off the piece of plastic to make the underside fairly flush. I did so as non-destructively as possible. I still had to remove two rivets though.
At this point you might be able to find an aftermarket parts maker that has a specific setup in the works.

If not you can always find one for a vehicle of similar dimensions (seen how well that worked for the Honda community a few times)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At this point you might be able to find an aftermarket parts maker that has a specific setup in the works.

If not you can always find one for a vehicle of similar dimensions (seen how well that worked for the Honda community a few times)
I think you're right. I've seen some front splitters, suspension parts, and engine mods listed in many places online now.

I have made some measurements of parts of the car. I can probably cross-reference it with other parts from other cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome! Just installed my WeatherTech floor liners for the front and in the process of installing mud guards at all 4 wheels.
Thanks. I was planning on grabbing some floor liners for the rear. The floor mats I purchased are fairly insignificant in the rear.

Are the mud guards also from Weathertech?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts