Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all so recently my 2019 elantra gt n-line decided to go bonkers on me while the hood was open. Tracked the issue down to the plug to the hood sensor. Apparently at some pint it got so hot from the white wire it started to melt the plugs togeather ... so maybe check it out. Sure sign is the white wire begins to turn brown and your dash board lights up like mine in the video. I have to take the car to the dealer as its a fire hazard. Let me know if you notice the same issue and maybe we can hyundai to recall the sensor.

·
Registered
2020 GT N-Line; Fiery Red 6MT
52 Posts
I fixed a similar problem on a ford escape. You can usually unplug the connector and by pass the sensor for now with a wire. The issue with the ford was the alarm going off randomly in the driveway since it though someone was breaking into the car (doors being locked, and the hood 'opening')

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all so recently my 2019 elantra gt n-line decided to go bonkers on me while the hood was open. Tracked the issue down to the plug to the hood sensor. Apparently at some pint it got so hot from the white wire it started to melt the plugs togeather ... so maybe check it out. Sure sign is the white wire begins to turn brown and your dash board lights up like mine in the video. I have to take the car to the dealer as its a fire hazard. Let me know if you notice the same issue and maybe we can hyundai to recall the sensor.
Hey, I don’t have the Elantra GT, I have the sedan in Limited trim but it started doing the same thing. This evening the alarm kept going off every couple minutes. I checked BlueLink and it thinks the hood is opening while the doors are locked. I sat with the car for a little bit and the dash would flash intermittently that the hood was open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts