Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’re an older couple who only buy a new car about every 8-10 years. We really only like classic muted European square “boxy” hatchbacks (VW Golf, older Mazda3 etc.), with good visibility out the back window. We wanted to get another Mazda3 hatch, but the rear visibility is atrocious on the new models. We thought about the 2019 Corolla XSE CVT...but when we had the opportunity to purchase a fully loaded GT Sport auto w/tech package (that amazing sunroof!) and pretty good rear visibility, for under $25K during the Labor Day clearance, we jumped on it. I guess we were just hesitant about a Korean car, but I guess that was pretty old fashioned thinking. We love the classic European hatch look without that weird rear curve and practically no rear visibility of many of the new hatches.

We’ve only had it a couple of days but here’s our issues: there’s a terrible burning rubber smell, we’ve noticed smoke coming out of the exhaust and it’s quite sluggish. We’ve made an appointment with the dealership repair dept, but we’re wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems with the 2018 GT Sport auto.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sort to hear that you've already encountered an issue. A burning smell can be a bit difficult to trace. My guess is its either something electrical or a rubber hose somewhere has gotten loose and has come in contact with something hot. Have you taken a look under the hood?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. We have an appt a dealership on Wed. Meanwhile we'll try looking under the hood and see if anything unusual jumps at us; we're not too mechanically savvy:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts