Hyundai Elantra GT banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
An extra $5,000 to get the Elantra GT Sport with an automatic transmission doesn't seem too bad but that's depending on what kind of extra features it comes with. If it's just the engine and multi-link then I may as well get the entry level with automatic and add on a lot of options.
Well the different driving modes alone could be enough to sell you on it, seen that happen even with the most loyal manual transmission drivers out there. When you have that variation in a powertrain then it really sways your decision.

Looks like the automatic Elantra GT Sport with the Sport tech package is being listed at around $29K. I'm not sure how well these are going to sell at that price.

I see a few manuals that seem to fall between $24K and $26K, which is what most people predicted. I still think that Hyundai is going to have trouble getting these off the lots, so you might see some price drops if these don't move well.

Seems like Hyundai is getting a bit too ambitious to a point they think asking for Toyota or Honda level of prices is for them, maybe it is but I personally think aggressive (aka Lower) pricing is where they stand best, unless stats say they can ask for higher prices and still get good sales.

Yup, a similar spec Civic Si or Golf GTI would cost more and it feels like you're paying for the brand name at that point.
I like how you think, too many people look at brand and not value along with how practical and reliable a car can be which Hyundai have proved to us over the years.

Then when you look at how aftermarket could pick up, the Elantra GT seems like an even greater buy, but that's not the say the Si or Golf isn't equally as good in that area.

Certain brands are known for certain things, like how Toyota is known for boring reliable cars and BMW is kind of known as the expensive maintenance car brand. With Hyundai, they don't have such a reputation, as far as I know. Could be holding the brand back, or it could give them a clean slate to work with.

Certain brands are known for certain things, like how Toyota is known for boring reliable cars and BMW is kind of known as the expensive maintenance car brand. With Hyundai, they don't have such a reputation, as far as I know. Could be holding the brand back, or it could give them a clean slate to work with.
that should change as they prepare to bring out the N-Performance brand and even trims that build up to that day, sort of like what we seen with the genesis coupe.
so in the future they should be seen as a great affordable performance car brand

Been keeping my eye on this car since it launched in Canada - crappy lease and finance rates for the GT Sport hatchbacks and no promos. There was a manufacturer hidden promo for $500 off (shared with dealerships only that was on for 1-2 weeks in November). However, I've managed to negotiate all of the BS fees off (other than freight $1705 + 125 PPSA documentation) and another $1600 off with price protection of Nov into December, which turned out to be still nothing. Is this car really selling that well in Canada??!

Been keeping my eye on this car since it launched in Canada - crappy lease and finance rates for the GT Sport hatchbacks and no promos. There was a manufacturer hidden promo for $500 off (shared with dealerships only that was on for 1-2 weeks in November). However, I've managed to negotiate all of the BS fees off (other than freight $1705 + 125 PPSA documentation) and another $1600 off with price protection of Nov into December, which turned out to be still nothing. Is this car really selling that well in Canada??!
It might help if you ask local dealers what their allocation has been like but at the same time they might be pricing it that way to give the impression of how well they might be selling. Patience always pays off in this game so if you want to wait, do it.

Trying to find where to post
Have installed baseplate on 2018 Gt sport to tow behind a Motorhome. Works great have towed now for 425 miles. Blue ox Have a manual transmission and towing behind 2914 Winnebago Journey
No drop down hitch. To tow just hooked it up released the brake and off I go6

I think that the price for that car nowadays is very acceptable. For its features and the engine power, it is worthy. Last month I was searching to buy my new car. So, I wanted to get an Elantra GT. It was a perfect car for my budget. Anyway, I bought it from a loan. In this, I was guided by this online car finance calculator www.car.co.uk/car-finance/car-finance-calculator. Due to my high credit score, I was attracted by the small prices for the loan. Anyway, I think that is better to buy a car using a loan than to pay all the money from your wallet.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.