Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't -- so I can't comment on it but...

It's a 1500 dollar axel back.. which is quite a bit higher than any of the aftermarkets.

For 1500 bucks you might as well do a cat back aftermarket.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't -- so I can't comment on it but...

It's a 1500 dollar axel back.. which is quite a bit higher than any of the aftermarkets.

For 1500 bucks you might as well do a cat back aftermarket.

Agreed. But I’m still curious if anyone has seen this installed or have owned it.

And besides. By the time you do USD -> CDN conversion, pay shipping and duties and taxes, you wouldn’t be that far off.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd be curious about it too if anyone knows more.

For reference, you can get an AFE CAI and Catback Exhaust shipped to Canada for $1313 after conversion, shipping, taxes, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does this $1500.00 factory exhaust upgrade provide any extra power/HP...or just a better sound? Anyone know. The Hyundai custom exhaust site doesn't mention extra power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish Hyundai would sell this in the US, too. I keep reading about Hyundai selling aftermarket performance parts at the dealerships for the Veloster and other "sporty" models in the near future. I reached out to Borla regarding an exhaust system and B&M regarding a sport shifter for the Elantra GT, but both reps said there were no plans to develop these parts. I know buying aftermarket parts from the OEM is not the cheapest option, but I do like that the OEM will have vetted the product(s) they're selling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its an axle back system, so more then likely just for sound and maybe a few extra horses/torque. I would imagine this system can be easily duplicated by an exhaust shop for half the costs or less. Curious to see what this system sounds like though in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have it on my 2019 N-Line... the sound is absolutely awesome! Looks amazing too!

I got it free when I purchased the car as it was already installed. Not sure on performance gains as there is no info on the hyundai site and it's the only one I've driven.

Pic attached, will update with audio clip after Christmas..

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have it on my 2019 N-Line... the sound is absolutely awesome! Looks amazing too!

I got it free when I purchased the car as it was already installed. Not sure on performance gains as there is no info on the hyundai site and it's the only one I've driven.

Please put up a clip when you get a chance.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Yeah, would love to see a video of the exhaust cracking away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts