21 - 40 of 49 Posts
14.0 gal.

2020 Hyundai Elantra GT Specs & Features
Fuel & MPG
Range in miles (cty/hwy)350.0/448.0 mi.
Fuel tank capacity14.0 gal.
Combined MPG27
Fuel typeRegular unleaded
Thank you for this and letting all of us know about the E30. I had looked into E85 but everything said you need bigger injectors and HPFP. I'm gonna load a tank up with E30 and see how it goes!

Thank you for this and letting all of us know about the E30. I had looked into E85 but everything said you need bigger injectors and HPFP. I'm gonna load a tank up with E30 and see how it goes!
If you run straight E85 you do need more injector and pump. If you run it you should test it. Google test kit for ethanol. I trust my local station as I have tested them for years and they have maintained 82 -84% ethanol content. Some stations swing a lot through out the season.

Found this link that states e15 is almost equivalent to 93 while e30 is 94.4. I may try a blend of both of those. I also probably won't get a night as cool as I just has for a while so that may not help my times.
I use this calculator. Just substitute 14 gallons for the ES tank. It will provide the ratios you need. I always fill with 91 oct minimum. Usually run down my tank till fuel light comes on to get a good initial fill. Then I fill at half tank from then on using the calculator.

I use this calculator. Just substitute 14 gallons for the ES tank. It will provide the ratios you need. I always fill with 91 oct minimum. Usually run down my tank till fuel light comes on to get a good initial fill. Then I fill at half tank from then on using the calculator.

So I just stopped and put 4.03 gallons of e85 and then tried to put the remaining 10 gallons of 93. I got 7.7 gallons of petrol in before the tank was full. My gas light was on and I was close to single digit miles left on my tank. I dont understand how I'm supposed to have a 14 gallon tank but can't put more than 12 gallons in it. Drove about 3 miles to get home from the gas station and had no issues. I'll report back after tank 2.

So I just stopped and put 4.03 gallons of e85 and then tried to put the remaining 10 gallons of 93. I got 7.7 gallons of petrol in before the tank was full. My gas light was on and I was close to single digit miles left on my tank. I dont understand how I'm supposed to have a 14 gallon tank but can't put more than 12 gallons in it. Drove about 3 miles to get home from the gas station and had no issues. I'll report back after tank 2.
I was the same the first time I filled too. Only thing I can suspect is fuel pickup is placed higher in tank. When the gas light comes on you have at least a 1.5 gallon reserve. 4.03 + 7.7 + 1.5 = 13.23..... close. Could be more reserve but I have never run it dry to find out. If anyone has let us know it took ~14 gals to fill.

Update: just finishing up my second tank of E30. Noticeable effect in 4th and 5th gear on the highway, not much in the low gears around town. I'm going to refill today and jump my bluespark from "C" to "D" and possibly "E" depending on how the car performs

Update: just finishing up my second tank of E30. Noticeable effect in 4th and 5th gear on the highway, not much in the low gears around town. I'm going to refill today and jump my bluespark from "C" to "D" and possibly "E" depending on how the car performs
Nice!
In for results.
Bet "C" and "D" will be very noticeable improvements.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
I'm on my 2and tank of e30. Similar conditions. Best I could pull was a 6.6. Something just has to be wrong with this damn car. Boost was reading at about 13.9. SOMETIMES I could get a 15.4. I know its actually boosting more with the bluespark. But I think it should be reading up to 17.1. ALSO, on a lot of runs, if I floor it boost would only read 10.9 maybe 12.1, but if I give it 3/4 throttle, especially going up hill I'll see 15.4. I did put on a GFB t9011 as well, figured that would only help. WTF...

Also my catch can on the pcv has a slight leak somewhere on near the hose going into the top of the can. Could that be causing any issues?

Maybe my testing equipment is bad. maybe I have a bad bluespark, I know when I first put it on I couldn't get any traction, thing ran like mad, now it's just not the same...

The leak is not helping. Try putting your stock BOV back on. Sounds like you changed something for the worse. Also the EBCS may be failing. Install the updated version.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.