Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Elantra GT Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speedometer Car Odometer Tachometer Trip computer

I got my first check engine light after 50k miles of no issues. Put it on the scanner, it says P0455, an EVAP leak. Can anyone clue me in as to how much thats gonna hurt my wallet to fix? I checked the gas cap and that sucker is on tight, so no, it's not that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 1994
I got my first check engine light after 50k miles of no issues. Put it on the scanner, it says P0455, an EVAP leak. Can anyone clue me in as to how much thats gonna hurt my wallet to fix? I checked the gas cap and that sucker is on tight, so no, it's not that.
I have the same issue but at 26k miles. Brought it in to the dealership and they said it was the gas cap and cleared the code and that was it, costed $106 total but that was with a oil and tire rotation along with replacing the battery in the key fob. Now I have it again, looked at some of the elantra sport (sedan) forums, they said that their purge valve or charcoal canisters have cracked and such, not sure how much that is going to cost, as I'm going to have to setup another appointment with the service center. If you still have warranty on the car, the evap system stuff should fall under the drivetrain warranty and you should be covered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts