Hyundai Elantra GT banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
New Updates. Back at Hyundai dealership for misfire flashing check engine light & TSB rubbing noise in steering wheel, found 2 misfires , will be replacing 2 ignition coils ( 1 of them was the the coil that was just replaced about 2/3 months ago by a different hyundai dealership.

Still at dealership..will be going on 2nd week this Friday.. as they run further tests and get with Hyundai National Techs/Engineers

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm monitoring this thread as I've had the same issue, usually close to initial star-up for the day. 2020 NLine DCT. Floor the throttle, rpm rise a little with no acceleration but no notifications on instrument panel. Turn car off then back on and problem goes away. Wife had a Tucson that's now part of the class action lawsuit bc their DCT was garbage and the issues feel similar though her vehicle would eventually respond after a few second on throttle, my EGT never does.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The Issue with Elantra GT N Line .. with either flashing check engine light .. then no acceleration and misfire codes and with multiple replacement of Ignition Coils :

Have spoke to many owners with same issue sometimes dealers replace only 1 or 2 Ignition coils and in other cases all 4 Ignition coils , it is hit or miss how the dealerships fix these issues..yes , it is an intermittent issue but still issue that Hyundai National does not want to acknowledge or knows its an issue but deflects issue back to customer or dealership to resolve !!

There is an issue when replacing ignition coils just delays the next occurrence, customers should hot have to keep replacing ignition coils prior to 50k miles on car!

Customers need to contact hyundai corp and continue to demand a resolution and set up cases and contact https://www.nhtsa.gov to set up complaints so the usa government gets involved

Loss of acceleration when driving can and will cause accident, especially when you are trying to pass or merge onto highway or turning onto a road

I'm getting frustrated with the lack of customer service that Hyundai and dealerships are providing to get this issue researched and solved !!

·
Registered
68 Posts
For what it's worth I have not experienced any of these issues.

This does remind me of issues many folks have experienced with the ecoboost F-150s. Condensation accumulates in the intercooler. When driver hits the gas to accelerate some fluid is sucked into intake. The engine stumbles, does not generate power as expected, and often shows misfire code. I've experienced this two times in my F-150 when trying to pass. It seems that folks that live in dry climates are less likely to experience the issue. The most common fix is to drill a small weep hole on the bottom of the intercooler which allows fluid to drain. The next common fix is to install a catch can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had this issue but it was bad spark plugs rather than coils. First noticeable interaction was my second 2k mile road trip to FL. Complete loss of power when trying to accelerate onto an on ramp following a continued loss of power until I pulled over and turned the car off for 30 minutes. No CEL was on when I took it to the dealership but they were able to find random misfires occurring even without the CEL being on.

Hyundai didn't acknowledge an issue on their end and charged me for the spark plugs on a car with 12k miles.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This thread is giving me the impression that Hyundai doesn't know how to properly treat people when it comes to warranty. I can't imagine how they justified charging you for spark plugs at 12k. I have to admit there is no way I would have accepted paying this bill. It's not too late for you to fight it. Get in touch with management and if that doesn't quickly solve it go straight to Hyundai corporate. Consider going on their twitter and asking why you're being forced to pay for spark plugs at 12k. No reasonable person would consider this acceptable.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts