Hyundai Elantra GT banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How is the spoiler attached? I'm assuming by a heavy-duty tape? Looks great by the way!
I attached with nuts and bolts. I know, scary but I didn't think any 3M tape would hold. Trust me, if I could have I would have. It was not that bad, I just took my time and it all turned out well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi, for those following this post, here is my latest update to the mods:
Just an update:
* Front Bumper Lip Splitters Black Winglet Blade
* Carbon Fiber Side Rear View Mirror Trim
- Race Stripe down the side and Red pinstriping front and back.
- Debadged, added small turbo badge on the right-hand side.
- Intercooler Resonator Delete
- Rear low profile spoiler
- Exhaust Resonator Delete
- Window Tint, 20 all around
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- LATEST: GAN GT Tune +41 more HP and +97 torque

Upcoming Mods:

- Big Mouth Intake - Ordered - Still waiting. Should come this week
* Secondaary Cat Delete - This week

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
What 3M tape are you ordering? I want to try to do the red stripes on my front and back 18 GTSport too

Here you go. Red Pinstripes and rear spoiler.
Oh I misunderstood. The red pinstripes are on the front and back and the side pin stripes are the wider bands.

I really like the look of the red on the front and back and I'll be ordering some 3M tape tonight. I'm tempted to wrap the lower part with carbon fiber vinyl to see if I can get close to the i30N project N edition.

The spoiler looks good to me, too. You'd think a spoiler on a spoiler would look wrong but it looks like some custom two tier thing.

I'm not sure if you're seen but there's a bunch of interesting accessories available through the UK. I really like the fog light surrounds.
https://accessories.hyundai.co.uk/i30n-2018-onwards-exterior

Anyway, your car looks great! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi,
This is what I ordered for my car. I then ordered a thinner version to make it easier to apply. But for now, the first application is holding very well. I also have some red plastidip on hand, but I feel either application will need touching up after the winter, so tape is by far the easiest and cleanest application. You just have to take your time and ensure it's a clean application. The warmer the day, the better the tape goes on around curves.

https://www.amazon.ca/3MTM-Duct-Tape-1-88-Roll/dp/B01LLKLACY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=3M+red+tape&qid=1571257540&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRVYzSTNIN1M4N0ImZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5MDE4NjAyUTNZUDI4MVpOSVE1JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyOTAyNzNPTlpMNE9UVFJKM08md2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's duct tape?! Wow! Nice work!

I just ordered a 1/2" wide trimbrite brand pinstripe tape from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00029XCSQ/) to try to recreate what you've done here. I'm hoping that the 1/2" is wide enough.

Hi,
This is what I ordered for my car. I then ordered a thinner version to make it easier to apply. But for now, the first application is holding very well. I also have some red plastidip on hand, but I feel either application will need touching up after the winter, so tape is by far the easiest and cleanest application. You just have to take your time and ensure it's a clean application. The warmer the day, the better the tape goes on around curves.

https://www.amazon.ca/3MTM-Duct-Tap...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's duct tape?! Wow! Nice work!

I just ordered a 1/2" wide trimbrite brand pinstripe tape from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00029XCSQ/) to try to recreate what you've done here. I'm hoping that the 1/2" is wide enough.
That looks like nice tape... You should be okay. Post photos when you are done. I may order some so when the spring comes, depending on your outcomes, I may use this instead of the 3M tape. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just had the secondary cat deleted. It sounds pretty darn nice. A little louder and a bit more bite to the sound. No drone, nothing bothersome while driving, but when you get on the throttle, it for sure sounds good. My tune will for sure take advantage of the less restrictive airflow.
Next up, a downpipe. I just need to find one for our cars.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just had the secondary cat deleted. It sounds pretty darn nice. A little louder and a bit more bite to the sound. No drone, nothing bothersome while driving, but when you get on the throttle, it for sure sounds good. My tune will for sure take advantage of the less restrictive airflow.
Next up, a downpipe. I just need to find one for our cars.
https://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/Hyundai+Kia+Turbo+2.5inch+Downpipe

https://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/AFE+Twisted+Steel+Down-Pipe+-+Race+Series

Have you checked these out?

·
Registered
72 Posts
That looks like nice tape... You should be okay. Post photos when you are done. I may order some so when the spring comes, depending on your outcomes, I may use this instead of the 3M tape. Thanks for sharing!
This tape is nice but too narrow. It should really be 1" thick at a minimum. I might be able to use this in the front but in the back it's a no go.

I'll order something else and try again.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So today I received my Big Mouth intake. It was a lot easier to install since I have been already messing about with the front end for other mods. It took about 35 mins and it was installed. See pics

- Race Stripe down the side and Red pin striping front and back.
- Debadged, added small turbo badge on right-hand side.
- Secondary Cat Delete
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- GAN GT Tune +41 more HP and +97 torque
- Big Mouth Air Intake
- Small black Turbo (small back of car)
* Next up a potential downpipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
That certainly looks cool; any noticeable increase in turbo pressure/performance?

So today I received my Big Mouth intake. It was a lot easier to install since I have been already messing about with the front end for other mods. It took about 35 mins and it was installed. See pics

- Secondary Cat Delete
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- Big Mouth Air Intake

·
Registered
90 Posts

- Secondary Cat Delete
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- Big Mouth Air Intake
Did the Big Mouth install require you to remove the front bumper as others have suggested?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Did the Big Mouth install require you to remove the front bumper as others have suggested?
Yes, but it didn't take long really and was quite easy. 6 fasteners on top and bottom, a few in the wheel wells and one screw in the wheel wells. Just be careful to not pull too hard on the wires for the fog lights. Just disconnect. I thought putting the bumper back on would be a pain, but it went really easy. So overall, not a bad install.
The difference I noticed and have proof since I took measurements in terms of intake air temp using an ODBII reader. The air is about 18 degrees cooler under the hood where my RAM intake resides. The measurements were compared on days when temp and humidity were the same. So we all know, air temp makes a guge difference for HP, especially for turbos.
So I would say worth the money and work to install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Today I installed 5mm spacers. The install went okay, however I found the dealer forgot to provide me with the wheel lock thingy. So a quick trip to the dealer for a new set and I was back at it. I had a small issue with one of the wheel lock nuts, but I worked around it and got them installed. Since these were none hub-centric I had to ensure they were centered. I used my torque wrench to torque them to 82 LBS. The factory is between 80-90 lbs which I verified by testing them when removing the nuts.
Once installed I took the car for a test drive to ensure there were no issues with balance which I was not anticipating. I took the car up to some good speeds and smooth as butter. The look is not overly noticeable, but it does look a bit better in the stance department. I will test the torque on each wheel in about 100 miles, 140 KMS and I should be good to go.
The only issue now is when I get my snow tires installed, I will have to make sure they center the spacers. I think I will have to watch or assist when they do this so I don't have any issues.....
Once the car is cleaned up, I will take some photos.

·
Registered
21 Posts

- Secondary Cat Delete
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- Big Mouth Air Intake
Do you have any video posted of what your new exhaust sytem sounds like?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi all, well here is a clip of my exhaust. I did not do a driveby one as I am fighting a cold so this will have to do for now.

I also added interior LED lights for the footwells. Once it's dark out, I will get some pics. It was easy as heck to install and these are the ones I purchased.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Q6CPQK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will not use it for the music stuff, just a low red light is all I want.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts