Hyundai Elantra GT banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi all, well here is a clip of my exhaust. I did not do a driveby one as I am fighting a cold so this will have to do for now.
https://youtu.be/LRu82dnwCv8

I also added interior LED lights for the footwells. Once it's dark out, I will get some pics. It was easy as heck to install and these are the ones I purchased.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Q6CPQK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will not use it for the music stuff, just a low red light is all I want.
Man this sounds super good!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all, well here is a clip of my exhaust. I did not do a driveby one as I am fighting a cold so this will have to do for now.

I also added interior LED lights for the footwells. Once it's dark out, I will get some pics. It was easy as heck to install and these are the ones I purchased.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Q6CPQK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will not use it for the music stuff, just a low red light is all I want.

Yep sounds like quality for sure. I am thinking about an after market exhaust now. Thanks for the clip. Some nice cracks near the end!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Downpipe ordered from these guys.
https://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/Hyundai+Kia+Turbo+2.5inch+Downpipe
As soon as I get it, I will have it installed and let you all know and let you hear the new exhaust!
**** yeah!

I'm really excited to hear how this goes for you... because I only plan to do it if you get good results haha.

This should theoretically get you the most HP/Torque increase from any mod aside from a tune.

Especially with a high flow catback exhaust.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
What config did you go with?

Ceramic Coating:

High Flow Catalytic Converter:

Upper and Lower gaskets:

Vehicle Make:

Wideband Bung:
I just went with the basic model. No add ons. If anyone has done a downpipe, please post your experience. I am having it professionally installed, but I would still love to know if there is anything I should know. I think it's a bit of a pain to get the old one out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just went with the basic model. No add ons. If anyone has done a downpipe, please post your experience. I am having it professionally installed, but I would still love to know if there is anything I should know. I think it's a bit of a pain to get the old one out.
If you're getting a Sxth Downpipe, The lowest bolt is a pain in the butt. I kept recommending to peen the pipe a bit, so you can get a socket around the nut. They provide a stud conversion (I believe that's what they are) with the downpipe, where the bolt becomes a stud, however my coworker who helped with the install (Master Hyundai Tech) just reused the stud with the new nuts and copper washers. Took us about two hours, because of how slow the lower bolt went on.

I'd also recommend doing the Inter-cooler Resonator Delete Pipe while your/he's under the vehicle, instead of doing it at different times.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
If you're getting a Sxth Downpipe, The lowest bolt is a pain in the butt. I kept recommending to peen the pipe a bit, so you can get a socket around the nut. They provide a stud conversion (I believe that's what they are) with the downpipe, where the bolt becomes a stud, however my coworker who helped with the install (Master Hyundai Tech) just reused the stud with the new nuts and copper washers. Took us about two hours, because of how slow the lower bolt went on.

I'd also recommend doing the Inter-cooler Resonator Delete Pipe while your/he's under the vehicle, instead of doing it at different times.
Thanks for the info, I will pass it on to the mechanic who will be doing it. I already did the resonator delete and secondary cat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Update to the mod list:
- Race Stripe down the side and Red pin striping front and back.
- Debadged, added small turbo badge on right-hand side.
- Intercooler Resonator Delete
- Rear low profile spoiler
- Exhaust Resonator Delete
- Secondary Cat Delete
- Window Tint, 20 all around
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- GAN GT Tune +41 more HP and +97 torque
- Big Mouth Air Intake
- Carbon Side mirror covers
- A silly emblem on the back wing
- Small black Turbo (small back of car)
- Downpipe - Going on this week ( I will record a sound clip and post) - Arrived today
To Come:
- Front splitter - See image.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Update to the mod list:
- Secondary Cat Delete
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- Big Mouth Air Intake
- Small black Turbo (small back of car)
- Downpipe - Going on this week ( I will record a sound clip and post) - Arrived today
To Come:
- Front splitter - See image.
It's too bad dynos are expensive but that downpipe should add some serious extra power. Very excited for you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just an update, the downpipe is delayed to next week as the timeslot my guy had in for me to do the work determined a lot of stuff needs to be moved to install it right. He said being a new car he wants to take his time and do it right. So Monday at 1PM it goes in and I will let you all know how it goes and sounds. I can also do some 0-60 runs using torque to see if I see any improvements.

This is the downpipe I ordered. https://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/Hyundai+Kia+Turbo+2.5inch+Downpipe

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just an update, the downpipe is delayed to next week as the timeslot my guy had in for me to do the work determined a lot of stuff needs to be moved to install it right. He said being a new car he wants to take his time and do it right. So Monday at 1PM it goes in and I will let you all know how it goes and sounds. I can also do some 0-60 runs using torque to see if I see any improvements.

This is the downpipe I ordered. https://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/Hyundai+Kia+Turbo+2.5inch+Downpipe
I'd be stoked to see the 0-60 differences from Torque.

Also curious what your 0-60 is right now based on the current mods you have.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I'd be stoked to see the 0-60 differences from Torque.

Also curious what your 0-60 is right now based on the current mods you have.
Interested to hear what this thing sounds like!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hi all, here is a sound clip of the latest mod
,the downpipe. I didn't rev it too hard as the engine was not warmed up. Once the weather improves, I will try to get some drive-by clips

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Updated:
Update to the mod list:
- Secondary Cat Delete
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- Big Mouth Air Intake
- Small black Turbo emblem
- Downpipe - catless
- Front splitter
- 20mm wheel spacers
- Lowering Springs 20mm
- New NKG spark plugs

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi all, it's been a while but the mods have grown. Switched out the GAN piggyback for a LAP3 Pro Tuner plus a few more cosmetic changes.

Update to the mod list:
************* NEW ***************
- Electronic Throttle Controller
- LAP3 Pro Tuner
- Black Racing Stripe
- License Plate Side Mount
- Secondary Cat Delete
- RAM AIR Intake
- Oil Catch Filter
- Big Mouth Air Intake
- Small black Turbo emblem
- Downpipe - catless
- Front splitter
- 20mm wheel spacers
- Lowering Springs 20mm
- New NKG spark plugs

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking good! Are you in the GTA? If so, did you get the window tint done at a shop, or yourself? I'm looking for recommendations if possible.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts