Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally put on my winter wheels & tires and ready for the cold season ahead.

Konig Runlite 17x7.5 / 5-114.3 bolt pattern / 45 offset (Matte Grey)
Cooper Evolution Winter Studdable 225/45 R17

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Calculons - Thanks bud! Yeah me too - but if the Snowpacolypse returns here, I'll be ready :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Jredman - Thanks! Yours look sharp as well!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@miluardo - Haha, post them dude! I would have been in the same boat as you but my wife refuses to have steelies. It’s technically her car so I had to respect her wishes 🙂

Reactions: miluardo

·
Registered
125 Posts
@miluardo - Haha, post them dude! I would have been in the same boat as you but my wife refuses to have steelies. It’s technically her car so I had to respect her wishes 🙂
I was really tempted to use the existing wheels as my winters, and then buy new lightweight performance wheels for the summer but it would have been an extra 500 bucks which I'm going to use to upgrade my speakers.. which I'll probably get more enjoyment from haha. I'll post them when they're done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Calculons - Thanks bud! Yeah me too - but if the Snowpacolypse returns here, I'll be ready

Looking solid. Just put mine on today too.
Wow those look nice! Where did you get them or what are they? I need to buy some after today's snow zzz
I don't know who you are asking, but I got mine from Kam's tires in Kitchener. They are on Lancaster street. I think the rims and tires were $1200 incl taxes.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Calculon Looking good man!

·
Registered
125 Posts
17" Steelies($94 each CDN)
Falken HS449 Tires 225/45R17XL 94V($164.13 CDN) -- $100 rebate online as well, so saves 25 bucks a tire. So really $140 bucks each

On a full send on dry pavement today they can't put down all the power. Skipped all the way through 1st, and part way through second.

The Hankook Ventus that came with it would skip a little bit in first, and chirp on second.

But.. I didn't buy them to launch WOT so hopefully they're good for the snow. They get really good reviews.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Falken HS449 Tires 225/45R17XL 94V($164.13 CDN) -- $100 rebate online as well, so saves 25 bucks a tire. So really $140 bucks each

On a full send on dry pavement today they can't put down all the power. Skipped all the way through 1st, and part way through second.

The Hankook Ventus that came with it would skip a little bit in first, and chirp on second.

But.. I didn't buy them to launch WOT so hopefully they're good for the snow. They get really good reviews.
I put on Sailuns...a Chinese tire...but have never had issues with them. I put Hankooks on my other Hyundai, a Tucson.

I find both ride really rough up around 110 km/h. But that might just be the aggressive winter treads. Grip extremely well...just not much for highway crusing.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I put on Sailuns...a Chinese tire...but have never had issues with them. I put Hankooks on my other Hyundai, a Tucson.

I find both ride really rough up around 110 km/h. But that might just be the aggressive winter treads. Grip extremely well...just not much for highway crusing.
Just a quick update...took them to a better shop. Had them rebalanced with a better technician and they now handle 120 km/h and highway speeds with ease.

Guess I underestimated the importance of a properly balanced tire.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts