Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
20201001_225015.jpg
20201001_225040.jpg

Got this a month ago. Ive only seen one other running around nw ohio so far. Great car! Always had stick shift cars but went w the dct and i dont regret it one bit. Its punchy and great for around town and short blasts on the hwy. Love downshifting w paddles when i need to stop or punch it by simply hitting the paddle. The dct has its quirks, but its also uber responsive and smooth. Went on a 2 hr one way ride doing 80 90 mph for most of it w ease and hitting the openings in traffic. Touched 120 w little effort. Dct knew what to do and the engine wasnt struggling at those realistic hwy speeds.an 8th gear or some other magic would help keep revs down past 3k. Missed turbo pwr in my life. Missed everday driving plesure like this but getting 28mpg during? thats new馃槏 so far it has a bit of everything nice for little $. Reminds me of what a civic hatch wouldve been if a 97 hatch grew up. Is it me or does Hyundai remind you of what Honda was like back when they were fun?

Now for some questions...
Whats the stock turbo pressure? Ive heard 10-12lbs all the way to 18lbs.
Does anyone have a good idea what, intake exhaust ecu work will do? Im looking to have some modest gains but daily drive it reliably.

Glad this forum exists. was worried when i saw how rare these are.

Registered
I've seen 17psi with the torque pro app on my 2020. I have a manual so I'm not sure if boost pressure varies between transmission types.

Yeah, this forum exists but unfortunately it's not very active. Seems most of the people that modify their cars buy volestors which has way more active forums/communities. It will probably only get worse since the EGT no longer exists in the US either. But...we try ;)

Registered
Welcome and Facebook seems to be way more active then here. Can get allot of ideas there and do some research on mods. There are simple mods you can do to make the car more enjoyable. Lots of exhaust options and upgrade tune options are appearing.

Registered
2020 Elantra GT N Line Fluid Metal 6MT
I have a 2020 that is the same color as yours. I purchased it last November. It is the only one I have seen here in Las Vegas, NV. I have the 6 speed manual and I wouldn't have it any other way. So far only about 4600 miles on the odometer, COVID sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts