Hyundai Elantra GT banner

New GT owner looking for mods

29K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Wavehomie 
#1 ·
Just picked up my first Hyundai and am very pleased with the car. I live in Canada and am having a hard time finding any reputable stores dealing in performance parts. Is the model just too new? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
If you really want parts that bad then you might have better luck looking overseas at vendors in Korea. Thankfully sources like Amazon and eBay should grant you that access although you can try contacting these companies directly, odds are they're looking for US-based customers to be early adopters.

#5 ·
I'm picking up a Sport DCT in Dec when my current lease ends, will be purchasing so I'll be looking for mods after a while. Pretty excited to be owning and modding again after leasing my last 2 cars.

Hopefully there will be more modding choices in Vancouver and at least the USA.

#11 ·
Glad to see that's the case and best of all it looks like wheels that came with the car rather than from another car maker. Have you checked to make sure your speedo is correct? Not always can adding wheels like this be a straight forward swap but instead bring up small problems like this.

#12 ·
I've been busy purchasing parts for this vehicle lately and figured I share all the vendors who carry parts for our dear 2018 Elantra GT.

Select a Category | DamnFastDD.com
Hyundai Elantra - Elantra GT 2018+ - Page 1 - Shark Racing
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport Performance

I highly recommend picking up the Windblock / Noise Supression Molding Kits from SR, it definitely improved the ride quality while driving on rough roads. All parts I've installed so far from Shark Racing has been nothing but quality, and without a doubt increased the performance of my vehicle noticeably. I'm still awaiting delivery of the HSD coilovers and F/R stabilizer bars, and will update the community once I have them installed.

All the parts I've ordered so far, with about half installed so far.
Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Tires, Tork Dual Oil Catch Can, SR 3" Open Filter Intake, SR 63mm Big Bore Throttle Body, JunBL Axle-Back Exhaust, Tork Pipe, Tork Downpipe, System BOV, SR Front/Rear Stabilizer Bars, HSD Coilover, and SR Windblock / Noise Supression Molding Kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.