Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my N-Line (DCT cause I can't drive manual :crying:) a year ago and have really enjoyed it stock for the past year- joined this forum to find ways I can change it up and revive some of that initial enthusiasm. I've never done any real modifications to cars before so any suggestions and advice would be appreciated...

I was thinking of doing the following:
- cold air intake (seems easiest)
- new springs(?) (to lower its center of gravity and make it look "cooler") >:D
- vinyl wrapping/plastidipping(?) trim pieces in red or black (the silver around the grill and bottom lip/rear, and potentially badges)

I am in Maryland if anyone knows of any good shops that are local. Thanks in advance

Attachments

Registered
I bought my N-Line (DCT cause I can't drive manual
) a year ago and have really enjoyed it stock for the past year- joined this forum to find ways I can change it up and revive some of that initial enthusiasm. I've never done any real modifications to cars before so any suggestions and advice would be appreciated...

I was thinking of doing the following:
- cold air intake (seems easiest)
- new springs(?) (to lower its center of gravity and make it look "cooler")

- vinyl wrapping/plastidipping(?) trim pieces in red or black (the silver around the grill and bottom lip/rear, and potentially badges)

I am in Maryland if anyone knows of any good shops that are local. Thanks in advance
Welcome and glad to see another Marylander(grew up in Catonsville, MD...now in NorCal).

I saw a few people on this site who have lowered their elantra gts with eibach springs.

My car is bone stock(don't want to touch it until factory warranty is over).

Look around the site and you'll see lots of suggestions for aesthetic and performance upgrades.

Honestly, though...I would just hold on to the money and invest in just buying a true "N" car(ie. New Veloster N dct).

馃檪

Registered
I have the same color, very nice. I went to school and lived in Baltimore, hon.

- New wheels or paint (like I did) you stoke wheel changes the look better than anything.

- Window tints

- Cold air intakes are easy and cheap. Get a small performance boost but it'll mostly sound better. There are some bolt on axle back exhaust options that'll give you a little more in these areas. K&N also has a drop in air filter that's a big improvement over the stock one.

- Lowering springs can certainly change the look and handling, the do effect the ride/comfort but that's preference. Might want to be cautious of a lower car in the snow. Eibach also has a nice anti-roll bar option that will help handling.

- There are many easy to install plug in tuning/chip options that say they help performance without harming the car, you'll find A LOT of mixed opinions on that.

- Head/rear light tints, but state by state that's a legality question if that's the type of thing that concerns you.

- Changing the color of the trim is a great idea. Biggest challenge your run into it taking off the bumpers, if you want to do it right.

- I added https://rallyarmor.com/ mud flaps bc I like the look.

These are obviously personal opinions but the direction I'll be going. Other than the wheels and suspension the rest is pretty easy. Good luck

Registered
I have the same color, very nice. I went to school and lived in Baltimore, hon.

- New wheels or paint (like I did) you stoke wheel changes the look better than anything.

- Window tints

- Cold air intakes are easy and cheap. Get a small performance boost but it'll mostly sound better. There are some bolt on axle back exhaust options that'll give you a little more in these areas. K&N also has a drop in air filter that's a big improvement over the stock one.

- Lowering springs can certainly change the look and handling, the do effect the ride/comfort but that's preference. Might want to be cautious of a lower car in the snow. Eibach also has a nice anti-roll bar option that will help handling.

- There are many easy to install plug in tuning/chip options that say they help performance without harming the car, you'll find A LOT of mixed opinions on that.

- Head/rear light tints, but state by state that's a legality question if that's the type of thing that concerns you.

- Changing the color of the trim is a great idea. Biggest challenge your run into it taking off the bumpers, if you want to do it right.

- I added https://rallyarmor.com/ mud flaps bc I like the look.

These are obviously personal opinions but the direction I'll be going. Other than the wheels and suspension the rest is pretty easy. Good luck
Whoa! Another member from bmore??
Good to see you guys here and great mods you have on the n-line :]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts