Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking at a 2018 Elantra sport gt hatch anything I need to be aware of before I get myself into this thing I fell in love with it the minute I put my eyes on it feel free to leave your personal pros and cons thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love mine. DCT can be finicky once in a while in colder weather. Direct injection engines may need the occasional valve cleaning, but this isn't exclusive to Hyundai.

Clean lines. Comfortable interior. IMO one of the best looking designs from Hyundai. Looks even better with nice wheels. Just got new wheels and tires. Took it in for an alignment and the tech said he wished all the cars he's seen were this easy to work on. Literally had the alignment done in less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love mine. DCT can be finicky once in a while in colder weather. Direct injection engines may need the occasional valve cleaning, but this isn't exclusive to Hyundai.

Clean lines. Comfortable interior. IMO one of the best looking designs from Hyundai. Looks even better with nice wheels. Just got new wheels and tires. Took it in for an alignment and the tech said he wished all the cars he's seen were this easy to work on. Literally had the alignment done in less than 10 minutes.
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
This is the one iv been looking at it’s super clean but it does have 66k miles that’s the only thing I’m kinda skeptical about

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like a 2.0 Elantra GT base. Make sure it isn't part of a recall that affected certain date ranges.
The 2.0 was equipped with either a manual or a traditional automatic. The 7 Speed DCT was only available on the 1.6 Turbo, so DCT quirks won't be an issue on the base 2.0.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 1995 This is the one iv been looking at it’s super clean but it does have 66k miles that’s the only thing I’m kinda skeptical about
This is the same color I have, GT Sport DCT fully loaded bought it at 24k miles. Really comfortable ride. Plenty fast for me. However, I have an issue with the evap system within a month of buying the car, p0455 evap leak, its a good thing I bought this with CPO otherwise I probably would have had to put more money into the car aside from the car payments. I live in the mountains, so it can be a bit scary in stop and go traffic, its really nice that it has an auto hold button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts