Hyundai Elantra GT banner

Newbie with a 2018 GT

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ErictheTuner 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2018 GT... i guess its the base model.
She seems like a solid vehicle so far I am looking forward to sharing and stealing ideas!

#3 ·
It's an okay car, but maybe it's specific to move, but solid is probably not the best word for me. Interiors FILLED with cheap creaky plastics. The plastics in the dash used to creak Everytime you would hit a small bump. Buzzes and rattles will start up at some point, but that's gonna be with a lot of other cars. Besides that, I think I'm mostly happy with me.

#4 ·
Love my 2018 GT Sport. A few buzzes or rattles but no where near as bad as my previous Mazda. DCT can stutter a bit when cold during the winter months, but if yours is a base GT it won't have the DCT transmission. My only complaint so far would be the radio reception on the factory infotainment system isn't the best, but I'll live. Otherwise I have been very happy with my purchase.

#5 ·
Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT Turbo but I’ll share an experience with everyone. I was driving down the highway after work and, out of nowhere, the sunglasses holder decided to pop open (that of which I never use). I tried to close it and it wouldn’t click into place. When I took a look at it, a plastic tab was actually broken.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.