Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have oil in air intake hose ( just where it connects to airfilter box, on the inside of hose when you run your finger around the inside of hose you can feel it and see it on your finger ) and has dripped onto airfilter too
2019 hyundai elantra GT N Line

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have oil in air intake hose ( just where it connects to airfilter box, on the inside of hose when you run your finger around the inside of hose you can feel it and see it on your finger ) and has dripped onto airfilter too
2019 hyundai elantra GT N Line
Part of the reason why many people do intake catch-cans. This is also rather endemic of Direct Injection vehicles in general. It's actually pretty common/normal. Even in some non-DI engines/cars. A little oil film from the PCV system is normal in most EGR systems, and especially in the earlier non-PCV EGR designs. More prevalent in colder locales, and larger temperature swings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a breather hose connected from the top of the valve cover to the intake hose. It is mostly sucking in air on that side but when you let off the throttle crankcase vapors go backwards to the intake oiling up the turbo/cac/piping. I installed an oil catch can in between that. Some just disconnect the hose put a filter on the valve cover side and plug the intake hose. I don't want a filter that will just get clogged with oil, cause a restriction, and end up with crankcase pressure issues so I went with the can.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts