Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all so i recently did my oil change again and i am a little stumped by something. So the 2019 elantra GT nline has the 1.6L engine and for some reason the pans drain bolt is facing towards the front of the car on the front of the pan ... I did the best i could to drain it all out ((tilted the car from drivers side and lifted the rear of the car after)) but the car still only took 3.6L of oil and i am preaty dam sure its supposed to take 4.6L I also noticed my oil when i diped with the stick had a mix of my new oil and old oil. This would be a huge issue for me cause why the **** would some one design an engine pan like that ???

Is there any particular way to drain this pan completely minus droping the entire pan? ill take a picture of it when i can get underneath the car some time. is there maybe a second bolt some where that the oil is retaining itself in this car? drained it while the car was still warm and let it drain till it wouldn't come out anymore. I am using strictly AMSOIL with the car at this point and its my second oil chagne since new with the car as i had to change the oil at 6500 and now at 13000km due to performance issues ((car was getting slugish on take offs bad iddle harder to turn over) weather has been rather mild so its not a cold issue.))

Any info into this would be cool for my next oil change.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey all so i recently did my oil change again and i am a little stumped by something. So the 2019 elantra GT nline has the 1.6L engine and for some reason the pans drain bolt is facing towards the front of the car on the front of the pan ... I did the best i could to drain it all out ((tilted the car from drivers side and lifted the rear of the car after)) but the car still only took 3.6L of oil and i am preaty dam sure its supposed to take 4.6L I also noticed my oil when i diped with the stick had a mix of my new oil and old oil. This would be a huge issue for me cause why the **** would some one design an engine pan like that ???

Is there any particular way to drain this pan completely minus droping the entire pan? ill take a picture of it when i can get underneath the car some time. is there maybe a second bolt some where that the oil is retaining itself in this car? drained it while the car was still warm and let it drain till it wouldn't come out anymore. I am using strictly AMSOIL with the car at this point and its my second oil chagne since new with the car as i had to change the oil at 6500 and now at 13000km due to performance issues ((car was getting slugish on take offs bad iddle harder to turn over) weather has been rather mild so its not a cold issue.))

Any info into this would be cool for my next oil change.
If you do a search for "oil change" on this forum you should run across a previous post below on some of tips from the DIYers :)

https://www.elantragtforum.com/forum/10-engine-technical-discussion/1043-diy-oil-change.html

Reactions: Exeno

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 1.6T takes 4.75 US Quarts, or ~4.5L on an oil change. The 4.6-4.9L (4.86-5.17 US Quarts) is only on a complete oil pan removal. You'll ALWAYS have residual oil, even if you drop the pan and let it sit for days. It loves to sit in the oil galleys and not leave once its there. along with whatever is stuck in the cylinder head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts