Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have just done the front calipers.. For a total of 4 hours so far. From 1st removing the wheel to putting them back on.
Tomorrow morning I will finish off the rear calipers. As it just gets a bit to breezy to do it in the afternoon. To keep the overspray at bay.

Of course the 1st thing to do is to jack up the car & support it with stands. Remove wheels. So much easier now I have a cordless impact wrench.
Then spray brake cleaner over everything.. & wipe over with a microfiber cloth with brake cleaner sprayed on it. Got to get the caliper clean.
Then mask up everything that you don't want painted with masking tape. Including bolt heads & bleeding nipple etc.
Then cover everything else with up with a plastic drop sheet. At only $2.50 per sheet, one sheet per side.

1st a light spray to cover. Then every 10 mins keep going over with coverage. from the top & then the bottom. To get an even coverage.

I gave it around an hour. Then removed the drop sheet & masking tape. Then just to fit the wheels & done..
And of course the new Black Wheel Nuts finish it off quite nicely. Now just waiting for the high temp vinyl decals to go on.
Not 100% if I'll go ahead & leave them on. I'll see what they look like 1st. Ohh & they are in Orange of course. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hyundai-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-ALL-OPTIONS/380956053725?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
looks great. Good look with the black color. skip the decals though... this isn't a sports car and a "hyundai" decal on a non high performance caliper is kinda silly in my view.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers..

I'm sort of agreeing to not using the decals... I finished off the rears yesterday to match the fronts..

I used this: https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/duplicolor-duplicolor-aerosol-paint---caliper-paint-satin-black-340g/324039.html
Though being in Australia. I'm not sure that this particular one is available in the US. Though there will be something of course..
I didn't want to go Red or Yellow.. As I didn't want them to be like standing out. As being a std caliper, they are not the best to look at.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is anyone going to try those colored caliper covers that just screw on and sit over the factory caliper? Its an easy way if you want to keep your hands clean and your weekend free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts