Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have just done the front calipers.. For a total of 4 hours so far. From 1st removing the wheel to putting them back on.
Tomorrow morning I will finish off the rear calipers. As it just gets a bit to breezy to do it in the afternoon. To keep the overspray at bay.

Of course the 1st thing to do is to jack up the car & support it with stands. Remove wheels. So much easier now I have a cordless impact wrench.
Then spray brake cleaner over everything.. & wipe over with a microfiber cloth with brake cleaner sprayed on it. Got to get the caliper clean.
Then mask up everything that you don't want painted with masking tape. Including bolt heads & bleeding nipple etc.
Then cover everything else with up with a plastic drop sheet. At only $2.50 per sheet, one sheet per side.

1st a light spray to cover. Then every 10 mins keep going over with coverage. from the top & then the bottom. To get an even coverage.

I gave it around an hour. Then removed the drop sheet & masking tape. Then just to fit the wheels & done..
And of course the new Black Wheel Nuts finish it off quite nicely. Now just waiting for the high temp vinyl decals to go on.
Not 100% if I'll go ahead & leave them on. I'll see what they look like 1st. Ohh & they are in Orange of course. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hyundai...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers..

I'm sort of agreeing to not using the decals... I finished off the rears yesterday to match the fronts..

I used this: https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...---caliper-paint-satin-black-340g/324039.html
Though being in Australia. I'm not sure that this particular one is available in the US. Though there will be something of course..
I didn't want to go Red or Yellow.. As I didn't want them to be like standing out. As being a std caliper, they are not the best to look at.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.