Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seats in these cars look the same except for the Sport embossing on the Elantra Sport. Anyone able to verify whether they are the same in size and feel?

I'm having difficulty getting a test drive in a GT Sport because our dealer never has any. I was thinking of testing an Elantra Sport to get a better sense of whether the GT Sport is the right car for me, but no point if there aren't really any similarities. I understand the suspension is stiffer in the Elantra, and the interior is very different. But they share the same engine, and appear to share the same seats. This is relevant because I'm on the bigger side of average, and my wife is bigger again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove both cars at my local dealer and didn't notice a difference between the seats personally. What I did notice is that the ES felt like a much smaller car inside vs the EGT. I am a pretty big guy and felt much more comfortable in the EGT overall. I hope that helps a bit. Just keep an eye on a site like cargurus.com for local EGT sports to drive.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It would be great if Hyundai gets serious about its N division because it could mean we get some rather affordable seats for vehicles like the Elantra.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts