Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
* SOLD *

Sold my EGT and pulled the aftermarket parts.

This is everything you need to get a boost gauge installed, nice and clean, no hacking up your stock parts.

- Defi Racer 30 psi boost gauge ($200)

- Custom vent pod that mounts in the defrost vent to the left of the cluster ($150)

- SXTH Vacuum Block ($50)

Used for about a year / 4,000 miles with no issues. I posted up a how to on another site I can point you to -- it's very straightforward and simple. The wiring harness already has add-a-fuse taps soldered/shrink wrapped in, this is literally plug and play.

IMG_20190608_104754381.jpg

IMG_20190608_104843658.jpg

IMG_20190608_104857595.jpg

IMG_20200708_171047.jpg

IMG_20200815_110946.jpg

IMG_20200815_110957.jpg

IMG_20200815_111013.jpg

IMG_20200815_111045.jpg

IMG_20200815_111040.jpg

IMG_20200815_111021.jpg

$250 shipped to your door.

PM with any questions, thanks.

trey

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry to see you go, what prompted the sale? The inflated value of the used car market?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to see you go, what prompted the sale? The inflated value of the used car market?
I actually just found that I might not be a 'new car' type of person. I've always bought used, older cars and fixed them up as I use them -- selling them on once I'm bored or the opportunity presents itself. I usually end up breaking even or making a little bit over the time of my ownership.

I REALLY liked the EGT, it has a lot going for it, I really didn't have any complaints but... I found myself paranoid about driving it, parking and getting dinged up, putting miles on it, etc... I commute via motorcycle, so it was sitting in my garage depreciating most of the time and it just got to me. I posted it on CL just to see if I could get some nibbles, and sure enough found someone who gave me what I wanted for it.

Now I'm back in an old pickup that needs a little TLC -- it isn't near as fun to drive, gets crap for gas mileage, but the situation suits me better.

I'm sure that sounds strange... and it probably is :laugh: We've got the wife's Santa Fe for long trips with our dog, the truck will come in handy and take the burden off the Santa Fe for the 'dirty work' like towing the boat around, hauling brush, etc.

trey

·
Registered
92 Posts
I actually just found that I might not be a 'new car' type of person. I've always bought used, older cars and fixed them up as I use them -- selling them on once I'm bored or the opportunity presents itself. I usually end up breaking even or making a little bit over the time of my ownership.

I REALLY liked the EGT, it has a lot going for it, I really didn't have any complaints but... I found myself paranoid about driving it, parking and getting dinged up, putting miles on it, etc... I commute via motorcycle, so it was sitting in my garage depreciating most of the time and it just got to me. I posted it on CL just to see if I could get some nibbles, and sure enough found someone who gave me what I wanted for it.

Now I'm back in an old pickup that needs a little TLC -- it isn't near as fun to drive, gets crap for gas mileage, but the situation suits me better.

I'm sure that sounds strange... and it probably is :laugh: We've got the wife's Santa Fe for long trips with our dog, the truck will come in handy and take the burden off the Santa Fe for the 'dirty work' like towing the boat around, hauling brush, etc.

trey

Makes sense. I'm actually going to be selling/trading mine in the next few months. My job shifted to mostly work from home, and our needs changed. We already have the '18 Sport and we're keeping it, so I'll still have an EGT in my stable for some time to come. We're going to share a single car and save some money for a bit, then I'm probably going to scoop up a turbo CX-5.

Much the same, it's not an awful car. It's fun and lively. But I think I bought a car I would have loved and appreciated more, if I were 15 years younger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have step by step instruction with pictures, but I'm happy to help the buyer as much as I can. If you've installed an aftermarket radio head unit or an amplifier before you can do this no problem.

There are pictures there of how I ran the wiring through the firewall, mounted the boost sensor, and which fuses I used to tap into constant and switched power. Obviously you can disregard all the parts about removing the pillar trim with the pod mount -- I originally had the gauge mounted directly to the pillar.

trey

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like email notifications have been removed as an option from the forum... if anyone is interested and I don't get back to you quickly, email me directly.

Email is my forum username at gmail.com.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts