Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting this lately in my 2018 elantra gt sport with the tech pack: "Blind spot detection disabled. Radar blocked"

I have been getting it off and on, while driving with the adaptive cruise on. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Fyi, the radar sensors on the front emblem, as well as side mirrors are clean and clear.

Along with this, I've been getting the stereo head unit messing with my speaker balance setting on its own...it puts the balance to the rear speakers. It drives me insane...

The thing is, every time I take it to the dealer, I cannot replicate the problem (both) then and there...anyone else have these problem(s) in their elantra gt sport?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The blind spot monitoring being disabled is “normal” if it doesn’t detect any other cars/movement for a certain period of time (don’t remember what that time frame is). But as for the head unit changing the balance I have no answer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been getting this lately in my 2018 elantra gt sport with the tech pack: "Blind spot detection disabled. Radar blocked"
I've only seen this when it snows and any of the radars get ice on them. You may have a malfunctioning sensor somewhere. Can the dealer look up the past warnings? I don't know how big the computer memory is for these cars.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N-Line w/Tech package
31 Posts
If I recall correctly, the stereo issue you mention has been mentioned by some others and is actually a bug in early head units. It may involve having the dealer swap it out, or perform a software update.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2018 GT sport (Tech package). It has only happened on long road trips as mentioned above so it may have something to do with detecting other vehicles? It's only come on a couple times but will go away and the car functions fine. So it doesn't seem like faulty sensors etc, more of quirky software.

No issues with head unit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yep my 2018 GT had the Radio fader issue. It went away on its own. At least I think it did. While updating the SD card for new Maps in early 2019 I FUBAR'ed the SD card. The Dealer had to order a new card which had the updated Maps. I don't know if there was any additional firmware updates on the SD card that might have fixed the radio fader problem. I just can't recall the timing of the Fader issue going away if it was before or after the new SD card. Others had the Head unit replaced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2018 GT sport (Tech package). It has only happened on long road trips as mentioned above so it may have something to do with detecting other vehicles? It's only come on a couple times but will go away and the car functions fine. So it doesn't seem like faulty sensors etc, more of quirky software.

No issues with head unit.
Update to my earlier comment... I just went on a longer trip (over an hour) with very light traffic, and the same BSD light and warning came up. It stayed on for a while, and then went off during the trip. Strange.

Has anyone had issues with their steering wheel feel after using the lane centering feature? I usually leave it off because of the vague feeling and random warnings on rough pavement. But after turning it off, the wheel feels notchy. It's hard to explain, but like a digital feeling with indents. It isn't smooth anymore. After a restart of the car, it goes away.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I have been getting it off and on, while driving with the adaptive cruise on. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Fyi, the radar sensors on the front emblem, as well as side mirrors are clean and clear.

Along with this, I've been getting the stereo head unit messing with my speaker balance setting on its own...it puts the balance to the rear speakers. It drives me insane...

The thing is, every time I take it to the dealer, I cannot replicate the problem (both) then and there...anyone else have these problem(s) in their elantra gt sport? View attachment 1792
Oh yes there is a technical service bulletin for the radio fader issue the number is 18-BE-015-1 from Nov. 2018. It reads if the car has less than 500 miles order a new Head unit, more than 500 miles order a refurb unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts