Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a little chilly out a couple mornings ago and the tire pressure sensor was indicating the back left tire was low. I filled all the tires to 28 PSI, but the back left is still flagging the system as low even though they all read 29 psi on the TPMS indicator. How do I reset the TPMS?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It was a little chilly out a couple mornings ago and the tire pressure sensor was indicating the back left tire was low. I filled all the tires to 28 PSI, but the back left is still flagging the system as low even though they all read 29 psi on the TPMS indicator. How do I reset the TPMS?
Not sure there is a manual method to reset it. Though there may be. I had the same problem a couple weeks ago when I had some tires dropping to 29 psi, factory according to the door sticker is 33 psi. The TPMS indicator reset ( turned off) on my dash after probably about 15-20 miles of driving.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure there is a manual method to reset it. Though there may be. I had the same problem a couple weeks ago when I had some tires dropping to 29 psi, factory according to the door sticker is 33 psi. The TPMS indicator reset ( turned off) on my dash after probably about 15-20 miles of driving.
I forgot to ask do you have the base model which has a lower tire pressure rating?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the GT Sport with 18” wheels. The tire pressure says 33psi on the doors. Once I filled the tires to 31 psi they went to 33psi during the drive then the low tire indicator reset after about 15-20 miles. Thanks for the help 🙂

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the GT Sport with 18” wheels. The tire pressure says 33psi on the doors. Once I filled the tires to 31 psi they went to 33psi during the drive then the low tire indicator reset after about 15-20 miles. Thanks for the help 🙂
FYI, pressure should be 33 psi cold. (Before driving)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts