Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have OEM Hankook venus s1noble tires on my GT N Line 25,000 miles...and they are have cupped or scalloped wear on inside edges ..Has anyone else had this issue ? I know it can be caused by out of balance tires or bad shocks or suspension issues.. have kept tires balanced and correct air pressure..I going to have alignment checked later this week .. please advise if anyone else has noticed this issue or has talked to dealer regarding... thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have OEM Hankook venus s1noble tires on my GT N Line 25,000 miles...and they are have cupped or scalloped wear on inside edges ..Has anyone else had this issue ? I know it can be caused by out of balance tires or bad shocks or suspension issues.. have kept tires balanced and correct air pressure..I going to have alignment checked later this week .. please advise if anyone else has noticed this issue or has talked to dealer regarding... thanks
Sounds like an alignment issue to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh I was going to ask what state are you in? I have not seen any N Lines in West Michigan. I have a 2020 that I picked up in December & installed all seasons as I could not find reasonably priced snow tires for it. My car came with Michelin tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh I was going to ask what state are you in? I have not seen any N Lines in West Michigan. I have a 2020 that I picked up in December & installed all seasons as I could not find reasonably priced snow tires for it. My car came with Michelin tires.
How would you rate the N Line with all seasons in the snow?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm live in Va now .will be taking car to dealer I purchased it at in Fayettville NC had bought a sonata turbo from them in 2012. if you know how to drive in the snow .. you can drive in the snow with all season tires .. just not too deep due to car has low clearance.. if more then like 6 or 7 inches of un plowed snow..had an older hyundai elantra manual .. current is automatic.. and the older hyundai elantra gt did good ..got me thru the snow .. but not like a SUV haha .. no issues except very deep unplowed snow of 12 inches and big hill 1x. Hard to get the momentum with the manual.. - Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm live in Va now .will be taking car to dealer I purchased it at in Fayettville NC had bought a sonata turbo from them in 2012. if you know how to drive in the snow .. you can drive in the snow with all season tires .. just not too deep due to car has low clearance.. if more then like 6 or 7 inches of un plowed snow..had an older hyundai elantra manual .. current is automatic.. and the older hyundai elantra gt did good ..got me thru the snow .. but not like a SUV haha .. no issues except very deep unplowed snow of 12 inches and big hill 1x. Hard to get the momentum with the manual.. - Ron
Yeah, lived in the snow belt all of my life and know how to drive in the snow, I was just looking for some input as to how good or bad the GT N Line is in the white stuff. Some cars are better than others in this regard. I am trying to determine whether or not to start saving for a wheel and dedicated winter tire set.

As an afterthought, I most likely will as I think the wheels that came on the car are very nice and don't want to ruin them in the salt and sand that gets dumped here in the winter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same issue here, it's how the car tires are "stanced" from the factory.

The back axle wheels are set slightly inward by 2 degrees (that's what the alignment shop told me, and they do the Hyundai service in the area since my dealer doesn't have the equipment).
It looks like this when you look directly from the back or front. /---\ but much less dramatic so it's hard to notice.
The front is not like this.

They are like this to increase handling and stability on turns and such.

I live in Texas and this car has seen nothing but city/highway driving.
My tires are shot on the inside edge and I have gotten rotations every 6,000 miles and one or two alignments. I now have to get new tires at 30,000.

When I do, I'm having them alight all the wheels straight. If you want longer tire life I suggest you do the same.
It's stupid that I'm replacing them already and the dealership sells new cars with the tires "as is" and won't cover the pre-mileage wear on them.

Will there be a marginal handling loss? Maybe, but I don't race and probably won't notice.

Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next set.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes my rear tires have a slight negative camber, which can be seen from the rear of car , when looking at the tires, and as per the alignment which I had at the dealership last month. They also stated front Tires have no camber adjustment.. but I could add camber bolts to be able to adjust camber on the front .. They wanted to charge me $175 to install ..but I declined.. I know I can get them installed elsewhere for much less ..

On these hyundai elantra gt n lines .. just need to rotate tire more frequently... then every 6k/7k .. to try and prolong tire life .. My tires .. I may be able to get 35k out of them .. but certainly not 50k from the OEM Hankook

I had similar issues on 2012 Hyundai Sonata turbo and 2001 Hyundai Elantra GT hatchback and then got camber kit on both and tire wear dropped significantly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts