Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here is the Elantra GT N-line with a receiver and my bike rack. There are two threaded inserts on both sides of the frame that are obviously for attaching something like this. I had my brother in Canada order it and send it to me (US). They are available at Canadian dealers. I also ordered something else from the Niagara Falls Canadian dealer and they were super happy to ship to me, so that may be worth a shot. The part number for the GT-N is G3H03AP200 GTN. There is another version for the non-N EGT.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 N line, loving it so far. my only complaint is that I cannot find a tow hitch that fits the EGTN. I want one so I can use my hitch mounted bike rack, but it looks like people recommend using a roof rack instead. since I already have the hitch mount rack it would be nice if I didn't have to spend another 500 on cross bars. Has anyone had any luck getting a hitch to fit?
It's not so much the $500 to get the crossbars IMO, it's that the aero drag is like constantly chucking money out the window when you are driving, much more-so when you have a bike up there, so it continues to cost more money. 35mpg last weekend 200 mi trip with a big enduro bike on the back. Not bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
At least roof racks look really cool.
Like extra parts sticking out at odd angles? How about luggage racks on the trunks of cars? I'm going to go with a hard "no" on an erector set sticking out of my roof looking cool, but I realize that's a personal preference. The great thing about a hitch rack is that it comes off easily. I don't leave it on when I don't need it. Car keeps clean shape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Which dealer did you call and how much did they charge for shipping?

Last week I sold my pickup truck and joined the EGT gang thinking I would get a receiver easily. I just ordered everything for a roof rack, but I would be happy to return all that if I can get a receiver.
So for the receiver, I actually had my brother pick it up from Hyundai of London and ship it. I do not remember the shipping price, not cheap, maybe something like $120 US. Going far though, to Alaska. For mudgaurds, I got them from Autovalue Hyundai of Niagra Falls. Jason was very good to work with and super helpful, shipping the mudguards to me. [email protected] I would try them first for ordering and shipping a receiver to the US.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.