Hyundai Elantra GT banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
At least roof racks look really cool.
Like extra parts sticking out at odd angles? How about luggage racks on the trunks of cars? I'm going to go with a hard "no" on an erector set sticking out of my roof looking cool, but I realize that's a personal preference. The great thing about a hitch rack is that it comes off easily. I don't leave it on when I don't need it. Car keeps clean shape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which dealer did you call and how much did they charge for shipping?

Last week I sold my pickup truck and joined the EGT gang thinking I would get a receiver easily. I just ordered everything for a roof rack, but I would be happy to return all that if I can get a receiver.
So for the receiver, I actually had my brother pick it up from Hyundai of London and ship it. I do not remember the shipping price, not cheap, maybe something like $120 US. Going far though, to Alaska. For mudgaurds, I got them from Autovalue Hyundai of Niagra Falls. Jason was very good to work with and super helpful, shipping the mudguards to me. [email protected] I would try them first for ordering and shipping a receiver to the US.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hear you on Hyundai not advertising the N Line! I am disappointment that they don't. I like the GT N Line. Now why can you get a receiver from Canada but not US? Something is wrong with Hyundai USA. May be the head people need to be demoted and let some enthusiasts run it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I finally got a hitch, I had it shipped from autovalue hyundai in niagra falls who were recomended by Jamesnobrakes (also happened to be closest canadian dealer to me). in total it was 585, shipping added a lot but I feel like its worth it to use the hitch mounted rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks good. Hopefully there's an easier solution for people soon, but it was an easy install for me and no-brainer. I'm getting 35+mpg with an enduro-bike on the back on day-trips and that ain't bad!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thread resurrection time: I can confirm that the hitch sold by uhaul in usa will NOT work on n-line. Driver side support arm runs right through where exhaust tip comes out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thread resurrection time: I can confirm that the hitch sold by uhaul in usa will NOT work on n-line. Driver side support arm runs right through where exhaust tip comes out
Does it only block the OEM muffler? Will it work with an axel-back exhaust from AFE (afepower.com)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does it only block the OEM muffler? Will it work with an axel-back exhaust from AFE (afepower.com)?
It will not work with aFe (which I have) or any other dual out aftermarket. You should be able to see in the pic I posted that it completely blocks the driver side exhaust exit. I confirmed that there is no option in the states that will work for us. I ended up getting OEM hitch from Canadian dealer. Expensive, but perfect fit and no headache.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It will not work with aFe (which I have) or any other dual out aftermarket. You should be able to see in the pic I posted that it completely blocks the driver side exhaust exit. I confirmed that there is no option in the states that will work for us. I ended up getting OEM hitch from Canadian dealer. Expensive, but perfect fit and no headache.
Do you like the muffler delete from aFe? I've been wanting to get it but not sure if it's worth the money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you like the muffler delete from aFe? I've been wanting to get it but not sure if it's worth the money.
Muffler delete is too loud/obnoxious for my taste. Mine is not a delete. It's a reduced size muffler version. Absolutely perfect. Deeper than stock and adds just a bit of volume.

Here are few sound clips I put together

·
Registered
8 Posts
Muffler delete is too loud/obnoxious for my taste. Mine is not a delete. It's a reduced size muffler version. Absolutely perfect. Deeper than stock and adds just a bit of volume.
This is great info! I think I'll look into the smaller muffler. I spend a lot of time on longer trips and didn't want to lose my mind with droning. These videos and pics are perfect, thanks!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts