Hyundai Elantra GT banner

Tuning box vs ECU Tune

35K views 77 replies 19 participants last post by  JamesNoBrakes 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the Racechip or Gan Tuning box on their car. Seems legit and easy to remove if needed but I’ve heard mixed reviews; although most jBe been good. I have seen some posts though that day they the safety features in the engine will render the box useless over time.

#6 ·
Has anyone utilized one of these boost controllers and would I need a tune for it?
Thank you.VIBRANT 16901 Manual Boost Controller
VIBRANT
VIBRANT 16901 Manual Boost Controller
Please Note: Some images my not represent the actual product
VIBRANT 16901 Manual Boost Controller_1VIBRANT 16901 Manual Boost Controller_2
SCW is an Authorized Dealer Free Ground Shipping Over $150 Expert Aftermarket Support, Before & After You Order

Part Number: 16901 Manufacturer: VIBRANT On Sale: $77.12 Starting at $14/month with Affirm. Prequalify now.. Learn more Availability:
12 New In Stock

Norton Shopping Guarantee
PayPal Credit Message
DescriptionReviews
Product Note:
Manual Boost Controller

Specs:
Color: Black
Material: 6061 Aluminum
Vibrant Manual Boost Controller has proven to be one of the easiest and most cost effective way to squeeze more horsepower and torque from your turbocharged vehicle.

The Vibrant Performance design team has developed a lightweight, very compact boost controller that features a unique integrated dial that allows you to precisely set boost and which eliminates the risk of “overboosting” that can occur with other manual boost controllers.

Features
T6061 Billet Aluminum with black anodized finish for corrosion protection.
Removable fittings for servicing and reference line upgrades.
Comes with low pressure check valve for use on MAF equipped cars to prevent stalling at idle.
Large premium grade brass adjustment knob to increase or decrease boost pressure accurately.
Can be mounted nearly anywhere with included mounting bracket.

#18 ·
Ok, so I received the tuning box and I can say that I immediately noticed that the power delivery is much smoother, throttle response is way better and turbo lag is non existent. I was able to shave of 3 tenths of a second off my 0-60 time in warm weather. Mid range is better as well. I will use the default setting for a couple hundred miles and then move to the next setting and see how that works out. For 200.00 I think it was a nice improvement.

#29 ·
Man lemme tell ya. The bluespark is the real deal. This is my first car that I've ever tuned, but the power/torque gains were so immediately noticeable. Honestly completely changed the car. Looking into what it'll take for me to be able to run the highest setting (E9)

Happy to answer any questions for anyone who has them

#30 ·
Man lemme tell ya. The bluespark is the real deal. This is my first car that I've ever tuned, but the power/torque gains were so immediately noticeable. Honestly completely changed the car. Looking into what it'll take for me to be able to run the highest setting (E9)

Happy to answer any questions for anyone who has them
So I got the ‘18 Elantra gt base 2.0 model... which blue spark should I order then? Sites kinda confusing

#35 ·
Thanks for posting th
Got my blue spark and installed it today. What a difference! It smoothes out the boost and overall performance. I have the automatic and it spins the tires through 3d gear. If anyone is in the market for one, here's an attached coupon for ten percent off
Thanks for posting that, I used it! Hoping to smooth stuff out, similar to how my Cobb smoothed out my WRX back in the day.

#36 · (Edited)
Is the bluespark chip detectable? Also, you guys that have installed it, have you done any mods to help support the extra power? Colder plugs, downpipe, solenoid upgrades, etc?

Edit:
Nvm, I've seen that it claims to be 'traceless' and it has different modes so I can install my upgrades incrementally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.