Hyundai Elantra GT banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts
I’ve heard from other forums to avoid the Race setting just to avoid potential engine issues
Is it possible to point me to those forums? TIA....I would like to see what they say. I will be raising my oct level to approx 93 and changing the plugs to a colder set. Sounds like the Scorcher maybe set up a little more aggressive on the "race" setting then the Bluespark boxes.

Is it possible to point me to those forums? TIA....I would like to see what they say. I will be raising my oct level to approx 93 and changing the plugs to a colder set. Sounds like the Scorcher maybe set up a little more aggressive on the "race" setting then the Bluespark boxes.
Yeah the Facebook group i30/Elantra gt 2018-present or something like that; they have about 1,100 members. Search scorcher and you’ll see the threads

Got my bluespark module today. Car never felt like boost regulated properly stock and with this it made it feel worse. Yeah I get how from a butt dyno it could make it seem faster but this is certainly not the way to properly improve your vehicles performance and it definitely isn't capable of making the gains it claims. I'll be sending it back first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm just going back to my original path which was intercooler, downpipe and ecu tune from SXTH Element.

Got my bluespark module today. Car never felt like boost regulated properly stock and with this it made it feel worse. Yeah I get how from a butt dyno it could make it seem faster but this is certainly not the way to properly improve your vehicles performance and it definitely isn't capable of making the gains it claims. I'll be sending it back first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm just going back to my original path which was intercooler, downpipe and ecu tune from SXTH Element.
Thats exactly what my plan was. I ordered my intercooler in May, and because they had been backordered for so long, canceled and got a refund in August. I still plan to go and get the tune done, but I wasn't waiting any longer for the intercooler. I hope you have better luck than I did. They seem to have the best products for our cars.

Surprised to hear this. Did you change your boost control solenoid? If not, it makes sense that you're running into this issue. That should be replaced with any tune/chip you put onto the car. That and the BOV Solenoid. My recommendations at least.

Installed my scorcher module this week and really like the response it has given the car. I picked up a used one for $200 less. Installed with it a Takeda stage 2 CAI. It provided the slight induction noise I was looking for and now can hear the turbo spool. Swapped out plugs for the colder recommended set and went through the different module programs. Race mode gets with it pretty good! Just going to leave it in sport mode as it provides a good response until I get about 600 more miles on it and do a oil change. Want to do some 1/4 mile runs as I have seen others get into the low 14's with a similar DCT set up. Coming from a Fiesta ST this is impressive.

Surprised to hear this. Did you change your boost control solenoid? If not, it makes sense that you're running into this issue. That should be replaced with any tune/chip you put onto the car. That and the BOV Solenoid. My recommendations at least.
Well that kind of kills the "plug and play" idea though, that you can just "unhook" the box when you take it in for service, now you've got a BOV and wastegate solenoid to uninstall to bring it back to stock...

Well that kind of kills the "plug and play" idea though, that you can just "unhook" the box when you take it in for service, now you've got a BOV and wastegate solenoid to uninstall to bring it back to stock...
I agree that it defeats the plug and play aspect. Just changing the intake and adding the module with colder plugs is all I am doing. When you say it feels unregulated what do you mean. Have you driven other turbo cars to compare it to? Most boost comes in early and mid-range. Comparable to a Fiesta ST I used to drive. My Evo was setup late midrange to mid range hit. I am still getting used to boost in a non-manual car. Different sensation but have found leaving it in sport mode it works best for me.

I think you're misunderstanding me maybe. The BOV solenoid is the MAC BOV, it's not an actual blow off valve, small component that they wouldn't know isn't stock even if they looked at it. The boost solenoid is basically the same deal, looks stock and would really have to investigate it to notice a difference.

Unless there's a specific problem with either of those, they wouldn't even be looking for/at them. Also keep in mind even with modifications, they have to prove that the modification caused the failure. Taking it in for an oil change I imagine they wouldn't even notice either of those components. Major service/warranty work I can't say for sure.

To me, it's still very much a plug and play solution since it doesn't map the ECU. The other supporting mods aren't necessary for it to WORK, but for it to really perform like a tune, to me, you need those two parts replaced.

Also keep in mind you don't have to mod your car at all. Pretty peppy in it's stock form!

Edited for clarity.

Installed my scorcher module this week and really like the response it has given the car. I picked up a used one for $200 less. Installed with it a Takeda stage 2 CAI. It provided the slight induction noise I was looking for and now can hear the turbo spool. Swapped out plugs for the colder recommended set and went through the different module programs. Race mode gets with it pretty good! Just going to leave it in sport mode as it provides a good response until I get about 600 more miles on it and do a oil change. Want to do some 1/4 mile runs as I have seen others get into the low 14's with a similar DCT set up. Coming from a Fiesta ST this is impressive.
Careful on race mode for extended periods of time. Some folks have had some engine issues with that setting. Check out the I30/GT owners group on Facebook for more info

Yes I did and I have checked up on it. Having owned a modded Fiesta ST and Evo I understand the precautions. Was able to get over there and read all the posts. Allot of info there like you said. Thanks for the heads up. Only have 500 miles on it and just enjoy being in sport mode for now running on 91 oct. Didn't think I would be able to find something as reasonably priced and fun as a Fiesta ST but I think I have. Both have their high points but ESGT N-line is more reasonable to live with day to day. Also being DCT my wife can drive it.

Yes I did and I have checked up on it. Having owned a modded Fiesta ST and Evo I understand the precautions. Was able to get over there and read all the posts. Allot of info there like you said. Thanks for the heads up. Only have 500 miles on it and just enjoy being in sport mode for now running on 91 oct. Didn't think I would be able to find something as reasonably priced and fun as a Fiesta ST but I think I have. Both have their high points but ESGT N-line is more reasonable to live with day to day. Also being DCT my wife can drive it.
Glad you're enjoying it and have done your research! I'm running 91 + lucas octane booster, may just be snake oil but I noticed it drives better

I am lucky to have E-85 pumps nearby and can add a few gallons to bump up our 91 oct if needed. Works like meth injection but don't have to worry about buying a system to add it.
I'm considering doing the same, got some E-85 pumps around me too. Lemme know how it goes if you try it/what ratio you went with

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.