Hyundai Elantra GT banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah unfortunately that’s true. Had to ship mine to a friend in AZ and then ship it here

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve heard from other forums to avoid the Race setting just to avoid potential engine issues
Is it possible to point me to those forums? TIA....I would like to see what they say. I will be raising my oct level to approx 93 and changing the plugs to a colder set. Sounds like the Scorcher maybe set up a little more aggressive on the "race" setting then the Bluespark boxes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it possible to point me to those forums? TIA....I would like to see what they say. I will be raising my oct level to approx 93 and changing the plugs to a colder set. Sounds like the Scorcher maybe set up a little more aggressive on the "race" setting then the Bluespark boxes.
Yeah the Facebook group i30/Elantra gt 2018-present or something like that; they have about 1,100 members. Search scorcher and you’ll see the threads

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my bluespark module today. Car never felt like boost regulated properly stock and with this it made it feel worse. Yeah I get how from a butt dyno it could make it seem faster but this is certainly not the way to properly improve your vehicles performance and it definitely isn't capable of making the gains it claims. I'll be sending it back first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm just going back to my original path which was intercooler, downpipe and ecu tune from SXTH Element.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my bluespark module today. Car never felt like boost regulated properly stock and with this it made it feel worse. Yeah I get how from a butt dyno it could make it seem faster but this is certainly not the way to properly improve your vehicles performance and it definitely isn't capable of making the gains it claims. I'll be sending it back first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm just going back to my original path which was intercooler, downpipe and ecu tune from SXTH Element.
Thats exactly what my plan was. I ordered my intercooler in May, and because they had been backordered for so long, canceled and got a refund in August. I still plan to go and get the tune done, but I wasn't waiting any longer for the intercooler. I hope you have better luck than I did. They seem to have the best products for our cars.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Surprised to hear this. Did you change your boost control solenoid? If not, it makes sense that you're running into this issue. That should be replaced with any tune/chip you put onto the car. That and the BOV Solenoid. My recommendations at least.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed my scorcher module this week and really like the response it has given the car. I picked up a used one for $200 less. Installed with it a Takeda stage 2 CAI. It provided the slight induction noise I was looking for and now can hear the turbo spool. Swapped out plugs for the colder recommended set and went through the different module programs. Race mode gets with it pretty good! Just going to leave it in sport mode as it provides a good response until I get about 600 more miles on it and do a oil change. Want to do some 1/4 mile runs as I have seen others get into the low 14's with a similar DCT set up. Coming from a Fiesta ST this is impressive.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts