Hyundai Elantra GT banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ran an E30 tune in my Fiesta ST. The FiST only has a 12 gallon tank so I would add about 3 gallons of E-85 per empty tank. I used a calculator app for in between fill ups. On our tank which is 14 gallons I would figure 4 gallons would bump you up to at least 93 oct equivalent. Here is a link to a calculator:
Have used E85 on all my boosted cars. My Evo made 450 whp with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran an E30 tune in my Fiesta ST. The FiST only has a 12 gallon tank so I would add about 3 gallons of E-85 per empty tank. I used a calculator app for in between fill ups. On our tank which is 14 gallons I would figure 4 gallons would bump you up to at least 93 oct equivalent. Here is a link to a calculator:
Have used E85 on all my boosted cars. My Evo made 450 whp with it.
great info thanks man. 450whp GOTTTTTTTTT DAMN!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think you're misunderstanding me maybe. The BOV solenoid is the MAC BOV, it's not an actual blow off valve, small component that they wouldn't know isn't stock even if they looked at it. The boost solenoid is basically the same deal, looks stock and would really have to investigate it to notice a difference.

Unless there's a specific problem with either of those, they wouldn't even be looking for/at them. Also keep in mind even with modifications, they have to prove that the modification caused the failure. Taking it in for an oil change I imagine they wouldn't even notice either of those components. Major service/warranty work I can't say for sure.

To me, it's still very much a plug and play solution since it doesn't map the ECU. The other supporting mods aren't necessary for it to WORK, but for it to really perform like a tune, to me, you need those two parts replaced.

Also keep in mind you don't have to mod your car at all. Pretty peppy in it's stock form!

Edited for clarity.
I'm well aware of the difference between a solenoid and the actual wastegate or BOV. Factory techs are trained to look for non OEM stuff, so you are betting against them finding it.

The wastegate solenoid does not look stock, it has rubber hoses now with zip ties. Zip ties on the ends is a dead giveaway. The MAC BOV solenoid does not fit in the original bracket, so it just kind of hangs there, again, that doesn't look stock at all.

Hey, nothing bad against these parts, I just installed mine today, but this is the game you play when you mod a car and this is definitely modding. My main reason for doing it is to smooth out the power delivery. It's jumpy like my old WRX was from the factory.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm well aware of the difference between a solenoid and the actual wastegate or BOV. Factory techs are trained to look for non OEM stuff, so you are betting against them finding it.

The wastegate solenoid does not look stock, it has rubber hoses now with zip ties. Zip ties on the ends is a dead giveaway. The MAC BOV solenoid does not fit in the original bracket, so it just kind of hangs there, again, that doesn't look stock at all.

Hey, nothing bad against these parts, I just installed mine today, but this is the game you play when you mod a car and this is definitely modding. My main reason for doing it is to smooth out the power delivery. It's jumpy like my old WRX was from the factory.
So was it able to smooth things out for you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So was it able to smooth things out for you?
Can't really tell, winter happened and dumped a ton of water and snow, which freezes on the roads due to low sun, getting the snow tires put on tomorrow though, so should be able to figure it out in the coming week or two.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts