Hyundai Elantra GT banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but I notice after the transmission shifts into second and mostly third, there's a dead spot in acceleration for about half a second, then there's a small surge. It kinda makes the driving experience not terribly pleasant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve noticed something similar lately. I wonder if it’s our turbos not holding boost well between shifts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I get this too. Like a flat spot. I was thinking it was the traction control or stabilitiy control, holding back on the throttle. I turned off both (long press the TC button) and it seemed like it may have stopped it as far as I cound tell. Could you all try this and post your result or have you already ruled this out?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I get this too. Like a flat spot. I was thinking it was the traction control or stabilitiy control, holding back on the throttle. I turned off both (long press the TC button) and it seemed like it may have stopped it as far as I cound tell. Could you all try this and post your result or have you already ruled this out?
Yeah if ESC or TC is on it will intervene and cause it. First thing I do is disable it when I start up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tested it over a couple of days and it feels significantly better with TC fully off. “Engine: on. Sport mode: on. Manual mode: engaged. TC: off” will be the new daily ritual I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts