Hyundai Elantra GT banner

What's your Favorite Color?

16K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  Bourne55 
Flip flopping...

As I get closer to a purchase, I'm finding myself flip-flopping between my colour of choice. It doesn't help that the Hyundai web site colours appear to be VERY inaccurate. I'm currently between the Iron Grey (which I seem to keep going back to), Star Gazing Blue and Marina Blue. Not keen on the red and white/silver are not good choices for where I live - we have a ton of salt on the roads in winter, so rust will appear prematurely. It'll be a whole lot more noticeable on a white/silver car. Black is ok, but tends to show even the shallowest of scratches. Oh and orange is worse than the red.

???? Silver hides dirt/salt the best. Hello? Salt, dust is silverish color. Go get any darker and you will be washing your car on a daily basis.
It's not about the dirt, it's about the rust. I give it five years before I start seeing it, six years before the car starts to look really rough. I've seen two year old elantras in my work parking lot with surface rust specks speckled over the silver/white surface. I have them on my dark brown Santa Fe too (it's 7.5 years old, and probably deserves them), but at least you can't see them unless you happen to be cleaning the car. I don't mind it looking dirty in winter - all cars here do. Can't stand to see premature rust. That's the kind of thing that makes me hate my car, and never bother to clean it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.