Hyundai Elantra GT banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
It's the lighting. Look at your thumbnails in post 17. On the car on the left everything is darker than the car on the right. The windshield, the head lights, the bright trim, the parking lights, even the shadow and the concrete. You name it and it's darker on the left than on the right.

???? Silver hides dirt/salt the best. Hello? Salt, dust is silverish color. Go get any darker and you will be washing your car on a daily basis.
It's not about the dirt, it's about the rust. I give it five years before I start seeing it, six years before the car starts to look really rough. I've seen two year old elantras in my work parking lot with surface rust specks speckled over the silver/white surface. I have them on my dark brown Santa Fe too (it's 7.5 years old, and probably deserves them), but at least you can't see them unless you happen to be cleaning the car. I don't mind it looking dirty in winter - all cars here do. Can't stand to see premature rust. That's the kind of thing that makes me hate my car, and never bother to clean it again.

I was hoping to get mine in Marina blue. I think it's not only one of the more striking colours they offer, but not a premium option. In the end I ended up with Space black because the car was in stock and I was able get a sweet-heart of a deal on it. I must say the black with dark tint gives the car a nice stealthy, almost sinister look that I'm really digging. As with any black car, it heats up quick, shows every spec of dust and will show swirls and webbing in the paint... but when its all cleaned up and buffed out it looks good!

Hey all, so it does appear to be a new color. I just bought my GT Sport last night and the color is called Intense Blue. It says it on the window sticker. Absolutely love this color.

https://www.herbconnollygenesis.net.../windowsticker?vin=KMHH55LC4JU078214&status=2
Interesting. The build your own feature on the Hyundai site doesn't have this color option. However, did a quick search and a bunch of hits show up for dealers selling GTS' with this color.

Congrats on the new car!

Mine is Fluid Metal. It's not light like silver nor a dark grey - it is just right! Also interesting is that the painted parts of the wheels are almost the same shade. Looks really nice in person.

Attachments

I had a BMW in the metallic grey and I thought it was stunning. The Fluid Metal seems similar. Blue was a runner up. Definitely not red for me. Didn't want to put up with black and how it looks when it gets dirty or slightly worn. White was a contender, but I already have one storm-trooper car. Luckily I found one in Fluid Metal exactly how I wanted.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.