Hyundai Elantra GT banner

What's your Favorite Color?

16K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  Bourne55 
#1 ·
Thinking about getting an Elantra Gt Sport but can't decide on the color, its a hard decision!

#3 ·
Silver is most rewarding if you hate seeing dust all the time. And you will see it on any other color unless you keep car in your living room covered.
I had blue, white, you name it. They are all 'demanding' colors to keep it clean and 'like showroom' appearance. My current car is silver and I thank myself for selection as that color is almost maintenance free.
But, it is 'boring' color 'everybody' has. If Hyundai could offer 'mazda 3' or 'Vespa Dragon Red' that will be no brainer for me. Otherwise silver (80%) or that lighter blue (20%). Shame they do not offer nice, light colors like baby blue or similar. Unfortunately color choices are driven by what most (morons) buy. And morons have no brain nor taste.

#7 ·
Flip flopping...

As I get closer to a purchase, I'm finding myself flip-flopping between my colour of choice. It doesn't help that the Hyundai web site colours appear to be VERY inaccurate. I'm currently between the Iron Grey (which I seem to keep going back to), Star Gazing Blue and Marina Blue. Not keen on the red and white/silver are not good choices for where I live - we have a ton of salt on the roads in winter, so rust will appear prematurely. It'll be a whole lot more noticeable on a white/silver car. Black is ok, but tends to show even the shallowest of scratches. Oh and orange is worse than the red.

#18 ·
Not keen on the red and white/silver are not good choices for where I live - we have a ton of salt on the roads in winter, so rust will appear prematurely. It'll be a whole lot more noticeable on a white/silver car. Black is ok, but tends to show even the shallowest of scratches. Oh and orange is worse than the red.
???? Silver hides dirt/salt the best. Hello? Salt, dust is silverish color. Go get any darker and you will be washing your car on a daily basis.

#14 ·
I'm on a BLUE streak right now, so Electric Blue is what I bought. Beautiful color and matches my Harley pretty good.
After owning a black Ford F-350 Crew Cab dually, I will never own another black vehicle if I can avoid it. Beautiful color on a car. For 15 seconds.

#15 ·
#23 ·
I was hoping to get mine in Marina blue. I think it's not only one of the more striking colours they offer, but not a premium option. In the end I ended up with Space black because the car was in stock and I was able get a sweet-heart of a deal on it. I must say the black with dark tint gives the car a nice stealthy, almost sinister look that I'm really digging. As with any black car, it heats up quick, shows every spec of dust and will show swirls and webbing in the paint... but when its all cleaned up and buffed out it looks good!

#25 ·
Hey all, so it does appear to be a new color. I just bought my GT Sport last night and the color is called Intense Blue. It says it on the window sticker. Absolutely love this color.

https://www.herbconnollygenesis.net.../windowsticker?vin=KMHH55LC4JU078214&status=2
Interesting. The build your own feature on the Hyundai site doesn't have this color option. However, did a quick search and a bunch of hits show up for dealers selling GTS' with this color.

Congrats on the new car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.