Hyundai Elantra GT banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I leased a 2020 Manual last month. I previously was leasing a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport. Which is well liked by all the car magazines. The window sticker on a 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport the same as what I had 2017, is about the same as the new 2020 Elantra GT N Line I just leased! Let me just say I am finding the GT N Line to have better brakes, More power, handling is as good or better than the Civic, and the interior, there is just no comparison! The Civic does not have Leather, heated seats, XM Radio, assist handles and a few more. I like the larger data screen and the fact it has knobs! The heated mirrors with turn signals are nice. I could list more, but mainly I am finding for the MSRP of both vehicles the Hyundai Elantra GT N Line is a better car. Oh I have a small garage, seems the builders are building the new homes with smaller garages and the Civic just fit in the garage. The Elantra is shorter and I now can walk behind it with the garage door down. My wife likes the red accents in the interior, they really did a good job of putting a Sporty interior in the N Line. I really enjoy the 201 HP vs the 180 in the Civic. I find I need to "learn" the positions of the gears better. That is the only thing I think could be improved. I haven't seen any N Lines here in GR. Even the local Hyundai dealer doesn't have one. They have a hand full of Volester Ns. The dealer I got mine from had a Black N Line. They dealer traded for the "Red" as Hyundai calls the maroonish color that I leased.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I test drove a Civic hatchback multiple times before buying the EGT Sport. I thought the Civic was a great car but optioned the way I wanted it the price was simply too high. I'm not a big fan of the Civic looks either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have yet to see one in West Michigan. Nice write up on Automobile's web site. To me Hyundai is keeping this quite. It is a shame. So far I have not seen an add about this vehicle. No mention about the N line of vehicles. I do not want a SUV. They handle terrible! The more I drive the GT N Line the more I enjoy it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 4000 miles on the N Line now and the exhaust is sounding nice. The Civic never changed, just stayed quite. Put the summer tires on last week. The engine seems to be a little freer now. I still like driving the car, I am always trying to find an excuse to go for a nice drive. LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got me a 2020 N line a week ago, im in the san diego area of california and i could only find 2 of the 6 speed manual versions, 1 in la and 1 in escondido, i got the la one because it cost less. The dealer who worked with me said that its not being advertised and its a korean imported car unlike many of the hyundais that are domestically built. Car is absolutely amazing, i went from a 2012 hyundai genesis coupe to this elenatra gt n line and boy am i happy with the result, just wish korea could reduce the clutch travel a bit.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got me a 2020 N line a week ago, im in the san diego area of california and i could only find 2 of the 6 speed manual versions, 1 in la and 1 in escondido, i got the la one because it cost less. The dealer who worked with me said that its not being advertised and its a korean imported car unlike many of the hyundais that are domestically built. Car is absolutely amazing, i went from a 2012 hyundai genesis coupe to this elenatra gt n line and boy am i happy with the result, just wish korea could reduce the clutch travel a bit.

Congrats. Though they were blowing a bit of smoke up your butt. It isn't because it's some exotic "imported car"; in fact there's as many Elantra sedans built in Ulsan, as they are Montgomery. But Hyundai builds a lot of their vehicles in Ulsan, for ALL markets. There aren't a lot of N-Lines/EGT because it's a low-volume seller and always has been. They sell 10x as many Konas which are basically the same thing- 4 door compact hatchback using the same powertrain, but with an AWD option.

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2019/02/where-is-hyundai-from-and-where-are-hyundais-made-.html
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/94997/hyundais-factory-the-biggest-in-the-world

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, that factory is absolutely huge!

As for Konas, I see a lot of people talking about them in the same breath as the EGT. I just don't see them filling the same need and having the same characteristics in both design and drive. I do see a lot on the road here in Los Angeles, someone must like them!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday. N-Line DCT Ultimate in "the denim"
Nice colour. I considered that colour but didn't have a chance to see it in person so I couldn't do it. I went with black...lol.. There's a lot of good info on here but there is not a lot of traffic. The facebook pages have quite a bit more traffic and comments. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice colour. I considered that colour but didn't have a chance to see it in person so I couldn't do it. I went with black...lol.. There's a lot of good info on here but there is not a lot of traffic. The facebook pages have quite a bit more traffic and comments. Enjoy the ride!
Any particular FB groups I should check out?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday. N-Line DCT Ultimate in "the denim"
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Makes me even more envious of You The North :D
First you all get the cool red seat belts then this awesome color!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exeno,
I understand what your saying, I didn't believe him that its some exotic car, I should've clarified that, but it did happen to fit what I was looking for ALMOST perfectly. My reason for excitement was that it was 1 of 2 6 speed manuals within a reasonable distance, everything else was some version of automatic and I was not intending to travel beyond 2 hours of which it took me 2 hours travel to get this car. By the way that factory is absolutely massive!

41 - 60 of 62 Posts