Hyundai Elantra GT banner

Where do you keep your phone?! (Android problems)

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ReidJustin 
#1 ·
Android auto needs to be connected via USB to work. The little phone cubby on my 2019 N-Line (manual, no inductive charger) is too shallow for my phone to sit in while plugged in. The charger port winds up sitting on the edge/lip of the front of the cubby, and puts enough pressure on the connector that on bumpy roads Android auto will even exit on occasion.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#2 ·
I get the same issues with the disconnects. I even tried a 90 Angle USB to shorten the phone but still, the bumps cause disconnects at times while in the cubby. I have better luck simply mounting it one of that sticky suction cup holders on the dash. The only issue is the long USB cable looks like crap. I was even thinking of getting a small USB charger and somehow attaching it to the holder stealth-like to have it look a bit cleaner without the cable just dangling.

Attachments

#3 ·
Thanks for confirming it's not just me. At least your red cable is on point with the other red accents! That doesn't look bad to me, but there's something about this car that makes me want to hide every wire and keep things as tidy as could be.

I guess I'll grab my iOttie suction cup mount and give it a try on the passenger side of the center console and give that a shot.

I'll admit that I've been trying to figure out an inexpensive way to use an older (and smaller) Android phone and just leave it in my car all the time. I don't want to pay data service for a dedicated car device but I could then reroute the USB cable anywhere hidden away and never think about it again...

#6 · (Edited)
For such situations, there is a longer cable, it helps me a lot, I bought it on Amazon last year and everything works fine, there are no problems. I think it will definitely help you deal with this situation if you still need it. My smartphone found a new case this month, so even if the device falls, it is not afraid of any impact. You can look at more info here because it's really worth it, the quality is excellent, I'm sure you'll like it and you'll definitely take care of your smartphone next time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.