Hyundai Elantra GT banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2018 elantra gt (base 2.0/no turbo馃様) its still pretty fun but I wish it had a more power.... any recommendations? Its has stock hp at 161馃ぇ

Registered
You can get more power by trading it in for a Sport/N-Line. Or unwind your deal if your state offers a "Cooldown Period" for auto purchases.

Otherwise, just enjoy what you bought. If you wanted more power, not sure why you bought a base car to begin with.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i really love the car as it is ....was just looking if it could be tuned like most other hatches... but I've realized the after market for elantra gt is very limiting...Thats why I was asking to see if other ppl did anything with a base model. I couldn't afford the sport and even if there was a way to add power I probably wouldn't have done it for a long while.....just looking at options man

Registered
It's very hard to get gains out of non-turbo cars. Turbo cars can simply hold the wastegate for more pressure, which isn't always optimal, but as long as there's some leeway in the fuel injectors, it can often work just fine, especially with turbo-back exhaust, etc. With a NA car, you usually have to do things like cams, full exhaust headers, intake manifold, etc., these usually involve significant engine work and at that point, you might as well just go for a "built" racing block/crank/pistons at the same time. It's not impossible...but it's much harder.

Registered
2016, Hyundai, Elantra gt
I have a 2016 Elantra gt base. I bought that one because it was the only brand new car I could afford. I too was looking to upgrade the performance here and there but I ended up upgrading my sound system and installed an android head unit. Also, due to the hot California summers, got ceramic tints. Then later added HID LED headlights and a rearview mirror front and rear dashcam. I realized that getting upgrades for this ride will be expensive.

If you have the budget they make superchargers, turbos, exhaust systems, etc but you have to order it from the Korean website. I'm not sure if I will get in trouble so I won't mention the site. Also, if you visit your local shops sometimes the mechanics can refer you to someone that can upgrade your ride. As for me, the next best thing I will do is to get better performance tires. Believe it, they make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts