2019 N vs 2020 N - Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo & Elantra GT N Performance Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-09-2020, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2019 N vs 2020 N

Hey all, new member here. I'm looking at purchasing either a 2019 or 2020 GT N (6MT). I've been looking around online (and searched here) but haven't been able to find out much.

Is there a difference between the 2019 and the 2020? I found 1 review where the guy said it had different engine mounts, dampers, sway bars, steering rack, upgraded springs.

Source: "Throttle House"on YouTube. https://youtu.be/FGKIixVd7xE (3:20 mark)

Now this is my first review I have seen on this channel, and I wasn't able to verify it anywhere else. Do any of you know how true this info is, and if you have driven both and notice a difference. Thanks in advance!

Vinnie (Ontario, Canada)

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnierap View Post
Hey all, new member here. I'm looking at purchasing either a 2019 or 2020 GT N (6MT). I've been looking around online (and searched here) but haven't been able to find out much.
Hey Vinnie, thanks for the link, I feel like they might be 2020 tweaks, but there is so little information available it's hard to tell.

I'm also in Ontario, in the market for one - did you end up getting an Elantra GT N Line yet? Would appreciate if you shared your price.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-13-2020, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoroSuub1 View Post
Quote:
Hey Vinnie, thanks for the link, I feel like they might be 2020 tweaks, but there is so little information available it's hard to tell.

I'm also in Ontario, in the market for one - did you end up getting an Elantra GT N Line yet? Would appreciate if you shared your price.

Ya that's the problem, so hard to find any info. I have not bought 1 as of yet. I'm still looking. Wasn't happy with the price I got from my dealership. Doesn't help it's taken them over 1 week to get back to me. I'll keep looking, hopefully my current car doesn't break down on me in the meantime..lol

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Ya that's the problem, so hard to find any info. I have not bought 1 as of yet. I'm still looking. Wasn't happy with the price I got from my dealership. Doesn't help it's taken them over 1 week to get back to me. I'll keep looking, hopefully my current car doesn't break down on me in the meantime..lol
Thanks for the update, were you negotiating for a '19 or a '20?

I have to wonder if they even care about moving cars in this climate anymore, or if they'd rather just hang onto the inventory for when people are shopping again, since I'm also getting the same as you - responses are also really slow right now when I'd expect them to respond sooner if they wanted me to buy, and since emails are the only real way to communicate/negotiate. I think I will be holding off for now... I've been seeing articles about how the auto industry pricing is about to collapse, might go for a used Elantra Sport at that point instead, of which there are a bunch on the market if I don't see a GT N Line.

Bloomberg:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-auto-industry

No paywall:
https://outline.com/WAqpbM
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Negotiating for a 20. My biggest problem is, I'm not sure how long my current car will last...lol. everyday is an adventure where I think "is today the day it falls apart". It's an 08 with over 240km. I'm done putting money into it. So it's more of a necessity for me at this point than a want.
That being said, if I NEED to get a car, I'm gonna get a car I WANT! Lol

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Negotiating for a 20. My biggest problem is, I'm not sure how long my current car will last...lol. everyday is an adventure where I think "is today the day it falls apart". It's an 08 with over 240km. I'm done putting money into it. So it's more of a necessity for me at this point than a want.
That being said, if I NEED to get a car, I'm gonna get a car I WANT! Lol
Ok, good luck!! I'm sure it'll be a blast when you get it.

Would appreciate if you would share the OTR price in a DM after you drive away in it, will help when I start looking in a month. Pics would of course be nice too.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 04:19 PM

I'm nearly positive the 2019 & 2020's are identical. All the changes you listed above are the changes that were made from the 2018 GT sport to the 2019 GT N-Line.
If they have a 2019 on the lot I would go with that since you can probably get some better discounts.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 09:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_N-Line View Post
I'm nearly positive the 2019 & 2020's are identical. All the changes you listed above are the changes that were made from the 2018 GT sport to the 2019 GT N-Line.
If they have a 2019 on the lot I would go with that since you can probably get some better discounts.
I had the option of 19 and 20 when I bought mine. They’re identical, the only difference is that the finance rate will be lower on the 19 in order to move it.

2019 N Line in Space Black
Power adders in the works
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring_tech View Post
I had the option of 19 and 20 when I bought mine. They’re identical, the only difference is that the finance rate will be lower on the 19 in order to move it.
I bought my 2020 N Line at the end of March and got 0% for 60 months through Hyundai Finance. I don't know if they are still offering that but it might be worth looking into.

2020 Elantra GT N-Line
2020 Camaro 2SS Convertible
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2020, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
In the process of buying a 2020 GT N(Black). Contacted a different dealership and they gave me a price I was happy with. So now we are in the process of getting the paper work done. Weird process doing everything over the phone and online, but it works. 84 months at 0%. Hyundai has great rates..lol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page